46. weird vibes

y/n's pov

the third and final day of the damn camping trip has finally arrived. i couldn't be happier! no matter what i do, or who i'm with, i always feel nervous. i don't even know why the nightmares are worse now, let alone the strange feeling of being watched the whole time.

for the fifth time this morning, i let out a sigh as i finished eating my pancakes. "we should start packing up after and start heading back." asui suggested.

"i kinda like it out here. maybe we can persuade mr aizawa to let us camp out here again?" kirishima stated as he looked at me.

i gulped down the last bite i had taken. "doubt it, but you can always try if you want to."

bakugo put his arm on kirishima's shoulder. "if he says no, there's no stopping us finding a better place." his boyfriend hummed in response.

i turned away from then and looked back at the burnt wood in front of me that held the fire last night. i reached out slightly and picked up all the burnt pieces with my quirk, exploding them into ash and scattering them near the edge of the woods.

everyone began packing up their things: tents, sleeping bags, food that wasn't eaten, and everything people bought. it didn't take us too long and before we knew it, it was almost time for us to go back to the main area where the teachers were.

standing up, i made my way over to shoto who was talking with midoriya. "hey."

shoto snaked his arm around my waist. "hello y/n." he smiled.

"hi!" midoriya smiled at me. "me and todoroki were just talking about this weird feeling we've been getting."

out of the blue and random like always.

"what do you mean?" i asked as curiosity spiked through me.

"well, me and everyone in our group have felt a weird vibe..." midoriya said as he shook his head. "have you?"

i looked off to the woods. "well..." i trailed off, averting my gaze back to him. "i have been feeling like i'm being watched." i said quietly.

shoto hummed in response. "that's the same as we've all been getting."

i looked up at him with a quirked brow. "why are you guys talking about this now? when did you start feeling it?"

midoriya tapped his chin as he began thinking. "i didn't really take too much notice of it, but it was as soon as we got out of the bus when we arrived here." he shrugged his shoulders.

"what if it's not a feeling?" i turned my head to see uraraka looking at us with worried eyes.

"what do you mean, ochaco?" i stepped towards her.

she grabbed my hand. "follow me." she looked at the boys behind me. "everyone."

~

"here." uraraka pointed to the ground where slight footprints could be seen.

i paled as soon as i noticed where we were. "this is where the bush was moving the other night..."

"huh?"

"last night, when we were all sitting on the logs, i saw this bush move a few times. it wasn't the wind though... it was more violent i guess?"

"like someone ran away?" kirishima suggested.

i nodded my head. "exactly."

"who would it be?"

"maybe one of the teachers?"