17. cold soba

very minor mentions of self-harm and scars! read carefully!

todoroki's pov

"i love you too, shoto todoroki." she looked up at me with slightly glossy eyes. i stared at her in slight shock.

"y-you do?" i asked quietly.

'why would you like someone like me?'

"of course i do sho!" she replied happily as she looked deeply into my eyes. "it took you long enough." she giggled softly and looked up at the sky. blossom petals were silently hovering over us.

"are you doing this?" i asked as i lifted my head to the sky.

"i think so? i'm not meaning to, but i guess it's my emotions..." she laughed softly. i looked down to see her head down, looking at her slightly trembling hands.

"what do you mean?" i asked as i gently held her hands in mine. she looked up at me with a small smile on her face.

"my telekinesis quirk goes off on its own depending on my emotions sometimes... when i'm sad, it might cause things to float gently in the air. when i feel happy, things start to float around me. and when i'm angry-" she paused for a moment and closed her eyes. i noticed that she bit her bottom lip gently. "nevermind..."

"are you okay?" i asked softly. she opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"yea." she replied with a gentle smile.

a few moments passed and we just sat there looking deeply into other's eyes. it felt weird, but right? it's a strange feeling: love. i guess it's because i have never really felt a connection with anyone. i sighed softly.

"you okay?" y/n spoke quietly.

"i've never felt this way about anyone before," i started. "i've never really felt love from, or for others... but i had always felt something with you." i smiled at her softly.

"same with me." she said gently.

"so... are we a thing now or?" i asked nervously. she laughed quietly at my awkwardness.

"if you want to be." she said with a soft smile.

she stood up and reached her hand out to me. i took it and stood up, walking beside her as we began walking back inside. i looked behind me to see some petals following us. i smiled softly and opened the door for y/n. we made our way down the stairs and silently stood outside the doorway to the cafeteria.

"sho~" y/n whispered.

"yea-" i turned around to be greeted with y/n's soft lips on mine.

"don't get too flustered around me alright?" i felt my pink cheeks and looked at her wide eyed with a small smile on my face.

"you're terrible at hiding your blush by the way~" she teased shyly as she walked into the cafeteria. i smirked and followed her to be greeted by midoriya and uraraka.

"y/n! you're alright!" uraraka exclaimed as she hugged y/n tightly. "we were so worried about you!"

"are you alright, y/n?" midoriya asked as he hugged her softly. i felt myself slightly tense up.

'what's wrong with me?'

"i'm better now!" y/n said as she giggled slightly at my actions.

"i'm hungry... let's go get food!" uraraka said excitedly as she grabbed y/n's arm and tugged her away.

"what do you want shoto?" y/n asked whilst she was being dragged away.

"cold soba please." i replied as i sat down with midoriya and iida at one of the many tables.

"todoroki, is y/n alright? she seemed to know a lot about... the last class we had... and i was wondering if she was okay." midoriya said quietly.

"she's fine." i replied monotone.

we sat there in awkward silence as we waited for uraraka and y/n to come back to the table. a few minutes passed and the two girls magically appeared above the table. uraraka floated down gently and sat in between midoriya and iida. i looked up at y/n confused.

"there was a big crowd around the cold soba." she laughed as she gently floated down and sat next to me, passing me my cold soba.

"alright." i laughed quietly. "thanks for getting me the cold soba s- y/n." me and y/n stared into each others eyes as i began blushing, her cheeks also starting to tint a rosy pink colour.

"y/n~" i turned to see the other three staring at us, uraraka eyeing y/n with a smirk on her face. "is there something i should know?"

"n-no!" y/n quickly replied.

uraraka's smirk grew as she stood up and grabbed y/n by the arm. "tell me everything!" uraraka exclaimed as she dragged y/n out of the cafeteria.

i chuckled slightly and looked down at my
cold soba.

*cough*

i looked up to see midoriya and iida looking at me with raised eyebrows. i sighed.

y/n's pov

uraraka dragged me gently out of the cafeteria with a wide grin on her face. she came to a stop in one of the hallways and looked to face me.

"so~" she stared at me and raised her eyebrows. i looked down at my feet, shuffling them a bit.

"there is nothing happening between me and shoto," i said quietly as i looked up to see uraraka's unimpressed expression. "i'm really bad at lying aren't i?" she nodded and giggled slightly as i sighed.

"i knew you'd confess your feelings to him eventually." she said excitedly. "it's nothing to be embarrassed about y/n."

"but why does he love me?" i gestured to myself. "i'm not exactly pretty... i'm weird and have scars, ura..." i sighed softly and looked down at my hands.

uraraka was one of the only people who knew about the scars that were on my body. she was the only classmate to know about my self-doubts and self-harming, although she didn't know the reasons. she was also the only one who knows about my love for shoto.

"y/n..." uraraka said softly as she placed her hands on my shoulders. i looked up at her slowly. "todoroki loves you for who you are okay? you are literally the prettiest girl in the whole school! you are a huge inspiration to everyone and you're such a kind-hearted person... and i'm very sure that he sees that too." she looked to the entrance of the cafeteria where i saw shoto looking around. i giggled softly.

"ochako, you really are the bestest best friend anyone can ask for." i sighed softly as i pulled her into a hug. we stood hugging there for a bit until uraraka gently broke the hug.

"we should probably get back. your boyfriend seems to be looking for you." she said as she pointed to a lost looking shoto. i laughed softly.

"yea, we probably should." i said as we began walking back to the cafeteria. "please don't tell anyone about me and shoto... not yet anyway." she nodded at me and ran over to the table.

"what did uraraka ask about?" shoto asked curiously as i sat down next to him.

"oh, nothing important." i said as uraraka winked at me as i stuck my tongue out at her.

"want some cold soba?" shoto asked kindly. i nodded and placed some soba in my mouth.

"i need to buy this..." i said amazed as i stuffed more soba into my mouth. shoto chuckled. "now i know why it's your favourite!"

yeeeeeet a soft chapter uwu i'll be getting back to the storyline in the next chapter, don't worry XD

1244 words