51. happy birthday!

todoroki's pov

"operation y/n's birthday is commencing, todoroki!"

"y-y/n's birthday?" i looked up from my book to see uraraka, ashido and the other girls standing in the doorway of my dorm.

they invited themselves into my room one by one, hagakure closing the door behind them all. "didn't you know?" asui looked at me with a quirked eyebrow.

"she's never really said." i answered sheepishly as i rubbed the back of my neck.

"really?" ashido lay on my bed with her head on the floor looking directly up at me who was next to her. "why not?"

i shrugged my shoulders. "beats me."

"well no matter!" uraraka beamed at us all like a highlighter. seriously, she was glowing. "we need to make sure this birthday is one to remember! who's with me!" she fist bumped the air in excitement.

we all followed after her, my fist bump being a bit leas exaggerated than the others. i still wasn't used to being overly excited about things, but i guess i should be because it's my girlfriend's birthday.

yaoyorozu sat cross legged on the floor beside uraraka. "what should we do?"

"ooh ooh! i know!" hagakure jumped up and down in excitement. "how about a surprise party with the class?"

ashido's eyes lit up. "that's an amazing idea!"

"her birthday is in two days so we have enough time to plan, right?" uraraka asked nervously.

ashido swatted her hands. "don't worry uraraka!" she stood up on my bed and pointed her thumb to her chest. "with me, the party planning master, we'll be fine!"

"we just need a distraction to get the party sorted out." asui stated as she looked around the group.

everyone's eyes landed on me. "fine, fine. what do you guys want me to do?"

"well," jiro started as she looked at me. "the party should start later in the day right?" we all nodded. "if you two do your lovey doveh shit and maybe take her out on a date somewhere, we can all sort out the party."

yaoyorozu clapped her hands. "yes! if you distract y/n while we sort out the party, she won't see it coming!"

"what's the plan for the party?" i asked with a smirk.

"well..."

~

after planning and telling everyone about the surprise party, everyone got to work to do their jobs. aizawa and our other teachers are also involved for some reasons. i know their our teachers and aizawa is her uncle, but the others? not that i'm complaining but do teachers usually go to students' parties?

anyway, now that her birthday had arrived, he class would start setting up the party after school. that meant i had to get y/n out of the dorms.

after class finished, me and y/n went back to the dorms first. i had asked her out on special date, without saying it was for her birthday. i had something planned that i hope would make her happy. i'm still not used to birthdays myself so i'm hoping for the best.

"i'm here!" y/n jumped out of her dorm with a huge smile on her face.

i smiled at her as i held out my hand. "ready to go, snowflake."

she nodded frantically, causing a laugh to slip from my lips.

...

i covered her eyes with my hands once we reached the park. "where are we going shoto?" she giggled as we walked past the fountain in the middle of the park.