47. shifting

y/n's pov

(last chapter)

i looked past the teachers that stood in front of us, my eyes widening.

"i-i think i know why he did it." i stuttered out.

"why?" midoriya asked confused.

i pointed through the gap of people. "he's with the villains."

...

(present)

"and how would you know, y/n m/n (middle name) l/n?" visionary said innocently as he teleported right in front of me. "i'm a pro hero, everybody knows that! i would never be one with those pests of villains."

i hummed in response as i took a step towards him, putting on a brave face despite me feeling nervous. "you see, visionary..." i looked at him dead in the eye. "you just made a huge mistake."

he chuckled. "how, may i ask?"

"you said my full name." i smirked at him. "only tomura knows that." i looked at aizawa in the corner of my eye and nodded at him.

immediately, he began restraining visionary whilst the other teachers began holding off the other villains. i eyed the all to see that the main league of villains buddies weren't there.

'strange.'

the villains were ones we hadn't even seen before... where were the others? who were these villains?

pushing my thoughts aside, i stood in stance as the fighting continued for countless minutes. all we as students could do was stay back and watch. once all the villains were restrained, we were all excused... well, apart from me and shoto.

~

"why did you give up being a hero?" shoto asked calmly as he looked at the screen in front of us.

all the villains had been detained and were taken into questioning in many different rooms of the facility we were currently in. fortunately visionary was also taken into questioning which meant me and shoto got the chance to ask our questions.

"oh shoto todoroki..." visionary laughed as he looked dead in the camera. "who said i was a hero?" he smiled maniacally with wide eyes.

"what are you planning?" i asked seriously.

"why would i tell you?" visionary chuckled.

i bit my lip in frustration. "why were you following us?"

he didn't answer at first. silence filled the air until he spoke. "he wants you."

i felt myself pale as shoto held onto my hand. "who wants her?" he asked with furrowed brows.

"you've encountered him before..." visionary smiled as he snickered. "twice in fact."

my fists clenched. "all for one."

"bingo!" visonary yelled with a laugh. "you're not as dumb as you look, girly!"

"why out of all villains are you involved in getting me now?" i eyed the screen.

"oh y/n..." visionary chuckled again as his glowing purple eyes pierced through the camera. "i've always been involved."

i suddenly began feeling myself drifting slightly as a flashback formed in my mind. shaking began taking over me as i noticed a figure standing in the doorway as soon as my parents were murdered.

"y-you..." i blinked the threatening tears away as soon as the vision ended. "you were there." i clenched my teeth in anger. "you were the one that was giving me nightmares, weren't you?! you know all about my past! that's why you gave me them illusions in the training, wasn't it?!" i snapped.