43. fairy lights

y/n's pov

today's the day. today marks the start of the first day of the three day camp. that is until we actually get to the camp.

usually, i'd sleep on the bus. believe me i have been trying, but with the whole bakusquad singing at the top of their lungs it's been pretty impossible to. it didn't help that the music was loud as well.

thankfully though, shoto has been keeping me from losing my mind. the two hour drive didn't feel as long talking to him, and before we knew it we had arrived at the... camp?

"aizawa sensei, are you sure this is the right place?" ashido asked as she looked out the bus window.

aizawa sighed. "yes. now all of you, get out the bus."

and that's what we did. despite our judgements, one by one we all stepped put of the bus to be met with a forest. in front of us were trees. behind us? trees. basically surrounding us? you guessed it. trees.

all might stood in front if the class with his signature smile. "alright students! for the next three days, you will be doing activities and team building exercises! now, i hope you all remember your groups because you'll be with them for the entirety of the trip!" i smiled as i looked over to the group i'd be spending time with: shoto, midoriya, bakugo, kirishima, asui and uraraka.

"like every class trip, there are rules." aizawa grumbled as he eyed the class. "no one shall use their quirks excessively nor in activities unless said so. minor reasons are allowed." he shifted his gaze over to katsuki, then back to the rest of the class.  "no one is allowed to wonder around the woods after dark, and no one is allowed to leave the campground. got it?" the class nodded.

present mic then stepped forward. "the whole camp is monitored by cameras so we'll be able to see if any of you do anything stupid!" he announced rather loudly. "your tents are over there and your assigned area and timetable of activities are there!" he pointed over to a pile of supplies. "now go students!"

everyone began getting into their groups. "i'm surprised everyone remembered their groups." midoriya said as he analysed everyone in their assigned groups.

"there are only three groups, deku." uraraka pointed out.

"and out of them all, i had to be stuck with you nerds." bakugo grumbled with a hint of sarcasm with the 'all' as he picked up three of the tents.

we figured out between us that me and shoto would go in one, kirishima and bakugo in another, and uraraka, tsuyu, and midoriya in the third. walking to the assigned area, i looked around the forest that we'd be staying in for a few days. it was completely remote from the outside world. no cars would be heard, only the sound of singing birds and a flowing river nearby.

the walk was much farther than we thought but that would be expected from shouta. seeing as the walk to the training camp took three hours (possibly even more), i didn't expect anything less. in the end, we arrived at our assigned area in two hours. the area was relatively large. surrounded by trees, a patch of grass sat with a ring of stones in the middle. three logs sat around the stones, making a rather cute sitting area.

"i guess we should start setting up." asui suggested. we all nodded and began getting to work in our small groups.

putting the tent up wasn't the easiest of things despite what it looks like. it was actually pretty tricky, and the instructions didn't help. we each had a tent able to fit the right amount of people (two for me and shoto). it wasn't too big, but it wasn't too small either... well, that's what it looked like in the instructions.

"here you go, shoto." i handed him one of the poles as he sat inside the deflated tent. after a few minutes, the poles were in place.

i looked down at the pegs that would hold the tent down. i wasn't really allowed to use my quirk, but this was a minor thing so i took it as an exception. outstretching my hands slightly, i picked up the pegs and 'hammered' them into the ground with an invisible force.