6. emotions

^^ video is not mine!

chapter inspired by the song paralysed by NF. i recommend listening to it whilst reading but you don't have to.

this chapter was based off how my panic attacks are so it was hard to write but i felt like i needed to base it off a real panic attack, y'know?

this chapter can be a bit triggering for people who have anxiety/depression so read with caution.

y/n's pov

[that night]

i stared deep into the mirror at my own reflection. my visible eye was red and tears fell down my right cheek.

"you're fine," i whispered with my voice cracking quietly. i smiled softly at myself as more tears fell down. "y-you're always fine."

i balled my fists and bashed them on the outside of the mirror.

"you have to be..." my lip began quivering as sobs began escaping my mouth. my body began shaking as i fell slowly to the ground, putting my knees to my chest and hiding my head on my arms.

"g-go away..." i whispered softly as voices began shouting in my mind. i grabbed my head with my hands and clutched my hair. my breathing began hitching as my body trembled more vigorously.

'it's your fault. you just got in the way. you're worthless. you're a failure.'

i clutched my h/c hair harder as my teeth gritted together.

"s-stop it..." i sobbed as my throat began closing.

'they could be here if you hadn't gotten in the way, but at least you're here right?'

i began shaking my head continuously.

"i-i know! i know it's my f-fault! i know that t-they could be here i-if it weren't for m-me! i know..." i sobbed to myself as my crying became harder. i began rocking backwards and forwards as my breathing quickened.

my vision began to come blurry as my throat began closing even more.

'i-i can't breathe.'

i held onto my neck begging for air to fill my lungs again. i closed my eyes as more tears fell down my cheek. the only sounds that could be heard was my hitched breathing and quiet sobs.

as my breathing began to slow, i laid down on my side. the tears slowly travelled down my chin and dropped onto the cold wooden floor.

i opened my eyes to see my parents sitting in front of me. in shock, i sat up wide-eyed.