31. midnight lights

^^ video is not mine!

chapter inspired by the song beautiful creatures by ILLENIUM and MAX. i recommend listening to it whilst reading but you don't have to.

warning: swearing because of bakugo XD

y/n's pov

i lay in bed awake, just like all the other students. it was currently 11:46pm and i was itching to get up. because i'm impatient, i stood up quietly and nudged yaoyorozu gently. "momo, it's time. let's go get the others." she yawned and nodded.

student after student, the class finally came together. we had all arranged to meet by the lake at midnight for some relaxation, little did they know what i had in mind. we all tiredly walked out of the building towards one of the lakes on the site. once we all came to a stop, i turned around to face everyone.

"why the fuck are we all here?" bakugo asked grumpily.

"everyone else knows, bakugo." i mumbled under my breath. "i know we've all been working hard today, so i thought we could all have some fun before continuing our training tomorrow." i grinned happily.

uraraka stepped forward. "that is why we're here tonight!" she jumped up and down excitedly.

after a few moments, everyone had begun making small fires and roasting the marshmallows they brought with them. some people splashed in the lake whilst others sat on the shore. i sat in shoto's lap and stared into the sky. i pouted slightly and stood up as i saw the clouds blanketing across the supposed night sky.

i inhaled gently and crossed my arms in front of me. i opened my eyes to reveal a pristine white glow as i slowly moved my hands across, moving the clouds out of the way harmlessly.

"i didn't know you could do that..." midoriya said astonished. i smiled softly as him.

"u-umm everyone!" i said rather nervously. "there's something i wanna say..." i held my arms nervously.

everyone gathered round eagerly. "over the past few months, you have all helped me more than i could ever thank for. you all excepted me for who i was and respected me so thank you all." i started confidently. "i can't do much to say thank you to everyone, a-and i wish i could. all i can do is try and make you all smile so..." i said quietly.

i knelt on the ground, my hands touching the soft soil. i closed my eyes and focused deeply. opening my glowing hands, my hair also glowing, i whispered-

"illuminate."

the ground began glowing a fresh green colour. the light travelled all around the area, travelling up each tree and plant. the once dark forest began exploding in coloured illuminous lights, each tree glowing a different colour. everyone's eyes widened in awe as the darkness was swept away by sheer beauty and bliss. the lake then began glowing a beautiful aqua colour, lighting up the outskirts of the water. fireflies and other illuminating creatures began floating effortlessly around us all as they danced in joy of the forest.

"y-y/n..." uraraka said in awe.

"this is beautiful..." kirishima said with a smile as he held out his hand to a pink butterfly who happily landed on him.

shoto looked at me surprised. "is this what you said you learnt?" i nodded happily.

"d-do you all like it?" i asked nervously to my class who all looked around surprised.

"like it? we love it!" midoriya smiled widely as he hugged me, who was soon joined by shoto and the rest of the class. "this is amazing!"

i giggled softly. "i'm glad you all like it."