56. proud

^^ video is not mine!

chapter inspired by the lost without you by freya ridings. i recommend listening to it whilst reading but you don't have to.

it's mainly for the first section of the story (up to the first ~).

y/n's pov

"...y/n..."

my eyes opened slowly to be met with a bright light. i sat up slowly, looking around to see that i was in a complete white void. i didn't feel scared though. no. it was almost comforting.

"...y/n..." i looked around to try and find where the voice was emitting from.

"where-?"

"...y/n..." the soft voice echoed around me, but it wasn't clear who it belonged too.

as i walked in no direction in particular, i began to see something off in the distance. i increased my pace as i heard the sound of falling water.

wait... that sounds like-

"hello y/n." slowly, i turned around not believing my ears.

the world around me changed to a familiar view. islands with waterfalls falling into the calm void below scattered the blue sky.

"dad?" my eyes glistened as he walked over to me, bringing me into a hug. "i-i've missed you so much..."

my dad's eyes softened as he kissed my forehead. "so have i, y/n."

"well, i'm offended." i looked over his shoulder to see my mom with her arms crossed.

"mom..." i gently spoke as she came over, wrapping her arms around both of us.

in that moment, i felt like i was at home. around ten years later, i was finally back in my parents arms. they're hold felt so foreign yet so familiar to me, and it was only now that i realised how much i needed it.

i pulled both of them closer to me. i didn't care about the tears rolling down my cheeks. i didn't care about the sobs that were escaping my lips. i only cared about being reunited with both of my parents.

one thing though stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

what was this? where am i actually? was this real or not?

"what's bothering you y/n?" my dad asked calmly as the hug broke.

"this isn't real is it?" my voice broke as i looked at both of them.

their smiles faded slightly, but were still smiles nonetheless. "do you want it to be?" my mom looked at me with kind eyes.

"o-of course i do..." i whispered as a tear slipped down my cheek. "i want you to come back." my lip quivered as i tightened my grip on the hem of my top. "i want you to come home..."

"i know baby..." my mom rubbed my cheek gently with her thumb. "you have other people now."

i looked at her with teary eyes. "it's not the same mom..." i leant into her touch as i closed my eyes. "i want you..."