48. sleepover

todoroki's pov

i opened my eyes to be met with a white ceiling. i looked around the room to see i was in a hospital bed hooked up to some wires. noticing i was in nothing but a hospital gown, i felt a blush dust my cheeks.

who changed my clothes?!

my eyes lazily scanned the room to see that i was alone. sitting up, i yawned as the door opened revealing a young woman.

"ah, master todoroki, you're awake." she said with a smile as she came over to me.

"why am i here? what happened?" i asked as my eyes began adjusting more to the bright light.

"you and miss l/n visited visionary and blacked out. he's been taken to prison for villainy. you've both been out for a good 14 hours." the nurse responded as she checked her clip board.

'y/n.'

"where is she? can i see her? is she awake?" i asked, now wide awake.

the nurse looked at me and chuckled. "i believe miss l/n just woke up a few minutes ago." she said as she began removing some of the needles and wires. "you can see her once i've unhooked you from all of this, okay?"

i nodded my head and relaxed a bit.

~

stepping into y/n's room, i saw her lying half awake. "shoto?"

i went to her side, sitting on a chair beside the bed. "yea, it's me." i said quietly as i rubbed my thumb over her hand. "do you know what happened?"

she paled slightly. "yea, i remember." she sat up, rubbing her eye with her free hand. a sigh escaped her lips as she looked around the room.

outside, it was dark. the city lights accompanied by the stars and moon lit up the view beautifully, cars adding fast movement to the scene. my guess was that it was most probably around midnight, but i wasn't too sure.

"when will it stop?" i looked beside me again to see y/n with watery eyes. "i'm sick of it. i just want to forget all the bad things."

her lip trembled as stray tears fell down her cheeks. "it's alright." i whispered as i engulfed her in a hug. "visionary was sent away. he can't get to you anymore."

"how are you so sure?" y/n said shakily in my hold.

"the nurse told me he was sent away to the villain prison outside of japan." i rubbed her hand comfortingly. "by what we know about his quirk, he already used it on us before so he can't go near you again."

y/n nodded, sniffling as she tugged me deeper into the hug. "stay?"

a small smile tugged at my lips. "alright."

~

y/n's pov

the next morning, me and shoto went back to school. luckily, we weren't injured. only slight headaches remained but we could handle it.

"y/n!" i turned around to be met with two arms wrapped around my neck. "are you alright? what happened!?"

"i'm fine ochaco." i laughed as she set herself down. "it wasn't too major. me and sho just... blacked out after our talk with visionary." i rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

midoriya came up to us, followed by iida. "i'm glad you're okay." he said as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"how's mr aizawa taking this?" i looked up at iida and frowned.

'where was shouta?'

"i haven't seen him..." i said quietly. "do you know where he is?"