19. burns

warning: endeavour is a dick so this chapter has some sense of violence in it.

y/n's pov

i stood outside the large house as i nervously twirled my thumbs. i gently knocked on the door and silently waited. i was about to spend a whole week in the todoroki household, and, to be fair, i was terrified. i didn't want to make shoto worry about more than he does anyway so i kelt quiet about being terrified of his so called father. i was snapped out of my thoughts when the door opened to reveal a young lady with white and red hair.

"ah! you must be y/n l/n! i'm fuyumi, shoto's sister!" she greeted enthusiastically.

"pleasure to meet you." i said shyly as i waved softly.

"come in, come in." fuyumi said as she gestured for me to come inside, closing the door gently as i walked in. "follow me."

i started following her through the large house. it was massive! every room was a traditional japanese style, even the hallways! it looked strangely beautiful.

"this is your room." fuyumi said as she gestured to a door. "down there's the bathroom. shoto's room is there, and mine is down there." she gestured to the different doors. i nodded softly.

"thanks, fuyumi."

"no problem! i'll go tell my father and shoto that you're here. go get sorted!" she exclaimed as she walked away down the stairs.

i opened the door and walked in slowly, my eyes widening at the sight of the beautiful room. it was lit up by a large window that stretched from the floor up to the tall ceiling. the room consisted of warm beiges, reds, and pinks. i set my bags down and laid on the comfy bed, smiling like an idiot. my head then shot up to loud voices. i stood up and slowly made my way go the door, pressing my ear against it.

"you can't start the training now! she's just got here!" shoto shouted.

"i'll start whenever i want to boy!" endeavour boomed. i flinched as i heard a loud slap. "go get her already."

"hurt me all you want, but if you touch y/n you'll be sorry." shoto said with gritted teeth. he suddenly grunted slightly.

"go."

then everything went quiet. as i heard footsteps come closer to my room, i ran and jumped onto the large bed trying to act natural. the door opened to reveal a pained looking shoto.

"sorry you had to hear that..." he said quietly as he closed the door gently and sat next to me.

"did he do that to you?" i asked softly as i looked at the hand mark on his face.

"y-yea but don't worry. he does it often." shoto said whilst rubbing the back of his neck.

"that's not very reassuring, shoto..." i said quietly as i rubbed my thumb gently over the red mark. i noticed that he was also holding his side. i looked him in the eyes to see them staring back at me sadly. "you can cry if you want to y'know..." i lifted my hand and rotated it slightly, locking the door at the other side of the door.

he looked at me as a single tear fell down his cheek. i hugged him gently as he nuzzled his head in my shoulder. after a few moments, i broke the hug.

"sho, let me see your side." he looked at me with watery eyes, confused, but slowly obeyed nonetheless. he lifted his shirt slightly, revealing a bruise on his side.

i placed my cold hand on his side and closed my eyes. he flinched slightly from the sudden pain and contact but kept his gaze on me. my hand began glowing as i felt a shooting pain emerging from my side and a stinging sensation on my cheek. i cringed slightly and opened my eyes, removing my hand from his side.