21. sarcasm

y/n's pov

i lay still as my eyes began to open, pain suddenly shooting through my body. i shot up and looked around to see where i was.

i was in a hospital room.

"snowflake?" a rough voice said. i looked beside me to see a red eyed shoto staring at me surprised. his lip began to quiver and tears began falling down his cheeks. "you're awake!" he jumped onto the bed carefully and engulfed me into a hug, crying into my shoulder.

"y-yea i'm awake..." i said slightly startled.

"n-never do that again you hear me! never scare me like that again... please..." he cried.

"i'm sorry sho..." my voice began cracking. "i didn't like seeing you hurt..."

"how do you think i felt y/n!?" he raised his voice as he looked at me deeply in the eyes, his hand gently holding my shoulders. "four days y/n. you've been unconscious for four days! i was so damn worried about you i couldn't even sleep!"

'four days?'

"rather it be me than you, shoto..." i said quietly as i looked down at my hands.

he looked at me shocked at my words. "i felt sick to my stomach not knowing if you were gonna wake up! you scared me so badly y/n!"

i looked up at him with glossy eyes. "i-i'm sorry..." i whimpered, cringing from sudden pain on my side.

i lifted my top slowly to reveal stitches on my side. shoto looked at me sadly, then pulled my top down gently. "they said you might not have made it y/n..." he whispered to try and hide his voice cracking.

my eyes widened. i put my head in my hands as thoughts began spilling in my mind. i then felt two arms wrap around me gently.

"i'll forgive you this once... just promise me you won't hurt yourself this badly again." shoto said softly as be rubbed my back comfortingly.

"okay sho..." i whispered. he kissed my cheek softly and laid next to me.

shoto then explained to me what happened to midoriya, iida, and stain. i wasn't that surprised that they got a lecture, but it still sounded a bit harsh.

recovery girl had visited briefly saying that i needed extra medication so we patiently waited until she came into the room. "alright deary," she started. "i know you don't like it but i'm going to have to do two injections to help you with the pain okay?" i looked at her in horror. i sulked as she slowly came closer to me.

"it's alright." shoto said calmly. "want to hold my hand?" i nodded quickly and grabbed his hand as recovery girl sat on a stool the opposite side of the bed.

she gently grabbed my arm and cleaned the area she was going to inject. as she held the needle above the area, i closed my eyes and rested my head in shoto's chest whilst holding his hand tight. as the needle went in, i whimpered in pain. shoto rubbed my hand comfortingly as recovery girl prepared the second injection.

"i hate this..." i said sulkily as i looked into shoto's eyes.

"i know..." he said sympathetically as he kissed my forehead.

i closed my eyes in shock as i felt the needle go into my arm. i bit my lip to try not to worry shoto but failed.

[that was cringy i apologise >w<]

"alright, that's it now. well done y/n." recovery girl praised softly. "you'll be able to leave tomorrow afternoon okay?" i nodded and nuzzled into shoto.