36. pain

this chapter might be a bit messed up so pre-warning :,)

y/n's pov

i stared at the creatures dead in the eye. "w-what?" my eyes began brimming with tears as i outstretched her hand, immediately retracting it and placing it to my chest. "y-you're lying!" i screamed as i looked over to all for one. i could sense his amusement just looking at him.

"what do you mean y/n?" he snarled as he chuckled slightly as he walked in between the two nomus.

tears finally fell as i took a shaky step forward. "they're not my p-parents... they couldn't have lived t-this long as n-nomus." i choked out.

"that's where you're wrong." tomura shigiraki stepped from behind all for one with a large grin on his face. "we didn't turn them straight away. no, no. we kept them alive until the usj. once all might destroyed that one nomu, i knew i had to make them stronger." he looked at me with a sickening smile. "let's test them out." he snapped his fingers.

i let out an unexpected gasp as the two nomus charged at me. "m-mom, d-dad! stop!" i begged as i flew into the air, only to be grabbed my the ankle and thrown to the floor.

i spat out blood as one of the nomus picked my up and threw me into the air, immediately punching me back to the ground. both nomus began charging at me yet again.

i've got to move.

in the corner of my eye, i could see shoto trying to get to me. "no shoto!" i yelled. his eyes softened at the sight of me. i outstretched my hand to stop the nomus for as long as i could. "go somewhere safe!" he didn't move. i scrunched my nose in pain as i felt a loud thumping in my head. "please..." my voice, barely above a whisper, cracked.

bakugo grabbed his arm, ignoring his yells as he dragged him into one of the alleys: to safety. i looked deeply into bakugo's eyes who were worried and torn at the yells of shoto and the look of me. he nodded as i mouthed a 'thankyou', disappearing out of sight.

my breathing quickened as my quirk faltered. in a second, i was punched hard in the stomach making me throw up slightly. grunting in pain, i stood up and stared into the eyes of my 'parents'.

i couldn't hurt them.

tears yet again fell down my cheeks as memories began flooding in my mind. "i-i'm sorry..." i whispered. "it's all my fault." i fell to the ground in a sobbing mess.

"what a shame." my teeth bared as i looked up to see tomura standing opposite me. "if only you could have done something~" he teased as he smirked at me.

"what happened tomura! you were completely fine... you were my friend!" i cringed at the word as i stood up shakily, looking at him dead in the eye. "i remember when you wanted to be a hero! we used to play it as kids! what happened to you!?"

his face turned to disgust as he took a step closer to me. "heroes make me sick. i had faith in one once! they weren't there to save her! i was left alone until my hero saved me!" he pointed over to all for one as he stared at me deep in the eyes. "i lost everything! so all heroes had to pay the price." venom dripped from his lips as he spoke.

"look at me shigiraki! everything was taken from me! every fucking thing! my village! my friends! my family!" i stood in confident stance, trying to get rid of the shakiness in my legs. "you have no idea what it's like to lose everything in your damn life! you have no idea what it's like to be tortured for years! you have no idea!" blades of glass raised as they charged at him, only to be blocked by one of the nomus.

"i don't care." shigiraki replied emotionless as he pointed at me. "finish her." my concentration completely turned to the two nomus who were looking at me.