23. cookies

y/n's pov

"y/n, i can't do this anymore!" shoto shouted.

"please shoto, i'll make it work i promise!" i said worriedly.

"it's no use, y/n... it's not gonna work." he replied quietly.

"don't give up shoto. i need you!"

"i'm sorry, y/n."

"if you'd help, it might actually work out okay!" i said annoyed as i looked at all the flour and sugar that was messily scattered all over the worktop.

shoto began walking away slowly with his hands in the air in defeat as i pulled his top from behind. "you need to stay and help me!"

we had been in the kitchen for 5 minutes and we had already failed our cookies. i looked up at shoto with begging eyes.

he chuckled softly. "fine, but only because you look really cute and i want to eat cookies." he ruffled my hair as he stood back next to me.

"right, we now need to add three eggs and 200g of butter." i explained as i referenced to the fridge. shoto walked over to it then stood absolutely still.

i turned around and looked at him confused. "sho?" i walked to his side to see him staring at the kettle. "oh, sorry!" i levitated the kettle and set it to the opposite side of the kitchen.

from them on, we continued to make the cookies. after around 20 minutes, we finally put them into the oven.

"now we just have to wait 15 minutes!" i smiled happily.

"what do you want to do in the meantime?" shoto asked as he grabbed my hand.

i immediately ran with him to the main hallway. our house was quite big so the main hall had a staircase going up to the second floor with a indoor balcony: basically the ceiling was pretty high.

"just don't look down." i said cheekily as i gave him a mischievous smile. he looked at me confused until he realised my eyes were white. he yelped slightly as we began floating.

"y-y/n what are you doing?" he said, a terrified tone to his voice as he clung onto me. i began laughing hysterically. "this isn't a laughing matter. i hate heights." he looked down at the far away floor.

i grabbed his chin and moved gently it so that he was facing me. "i said to not look down." i smirked as i kissed him softly. "just focus on me." he nodded slowly as he looked into my eyes.

"i'm still nervous about being up this high..." he said nervously.

"i can put you down if you want." he nodded. i began lifting him down until he held onto me tighter.

"come down with me..." he said embarrassed. i smiled as i lowered both if us back down. when we reached the floor, shoto sighed in relief.

"why'd you do that to me?" shoto whined like a child as he looked at me smirking at him.

"i had to see if the rumours were true." i replied cheekily.

"what rumours?" shoto asked as we walked into the living room.

"the rumour that my boyfriend wasn't scared of anything." i replied casually. i sat down and looked at shoto who had a frown on his face.

he sat down next to me with his arms crossed. "i'm not scared..." he mumbled. i hugged him from the side.

"it's alright, i won't tell anyone." i smiled as he hugged me back gently.

my head perked up to the sound of the oven beeping. "they're done!" i exclaimed excitedly as i jumped up from the sofa and ran into the kitchen. i put on my oven glove and opened the oven door to reveal perfectly golden chocolate chipped cookies.

"they smell good~" shoto said as he hugged me from behind.

i walked to the counter with shoto still holding me from behind. i picked up each of the 12 cookies individually and placed them onto the plate, surprisingly without burning myself.

"let's let them sit for 5 minutes." i suggested as i turned around to be greeted with shoto picking me up.

"alright." he said quietly as he walked into the living room with me attacked onto him like a sloth. he sat down with me wrapped around him and kissed my nose gently. he looked at me in the eyes and sighed softly.

"what?" i asked curiously.

"i'm just so lucky to have you in my life." he said gently as he hugged me.

"aww sho~" i hugged him back tighter. "i'm lucky to have you too!"

he kept a hold of me before relaxing and looking at me in the eyes again. his face suddenly lit up. "do you want to visit my mom sometime?" he smiled happily at me.

ever since shoto saw his mom a few months ago, their bond has grown. he always updates me on their relationship and i couldn't be any happier for him.

i smiled at him back. "i'd love that!" he cupped my cheeks in his hands and kissed me softly.

"wanna check on the cookies?" he said smirking.

"yea!" i squealed as he stood up with me still with my legs wrapped around his waist.

he walked back into the kitchen and sat me down on the worktop next to the cookies. i picked one up and gave it to shoto. he grabbed it and bit into it. he smiled as he picked one up and gave it to me. i bit into it and hummed in delight.

"they're amazing." shoto said happily as he finished his cookie.

"well, we did put a lot of effort into them." i said softly as i grabbed another one. shoto nodded as he also grabbed another one and biting into it.

i began shuffling off the counter to realise it was kind if high up. shoto stared at me and snorted.

"oh shut up." i said as i blushed. he picked my up gently and placed me down. i leant my head on his chest as he began laughing at my embarrassment.

"it's cute that you're small." he said sweetly as he ruffled my hair.

i groaned into his chest. "it sucks." i mumbled quietly.

"at least you're not as small as mineta." i snorted quietly.

"don't bully him shoto!" i said as i hit his shoulder jokingly.

the rest of the day consisted of laughing, hugs, kisses, and most importantly... cookies.

have this fluffy chapter before i throw sadness at ya again!

1069 words