69. let's clear things up

y/n's pov

it was now or never.

for the first time in weeks, i finally had the chance to confront midoriya about my family relationship with him. it was still insane that it was real, but it was. it kind of scared me.

how would he react? would he think i'm lying? would he not want to be my friend anymore?

shaking off the thoughts, i knocked his door.

shoto had convinced me to go over and see him, and was in fact standing at the end of the hall watching me to see if i was alright. i flashed him a smile as the door opened, revealing the one and only izuku midoriya.

"y/n?" he questioned as he raised a brow. "what are you doing here?" his eyes widened immediately as i opened my mouth to speak. "o-oh my goodness! i'm so sorry y/n! that wasn't a very nice greeting from me! h-how are you?"

i stifled back a laugh at his sudden outburst. "it's fine izuku." i reassured as i waved my hand. "mind if i come in?"

"please." he moved out of the way slightly so i walk past.

i looked around at all his all might merchandise and smiled. i kind of forgot that he was a really big fan of all might. it was adorable.

sitting down in his bed, i waited for him to join me. after shutting the door, he did so. "what's up?"

taking in a deep breath, i thought over my words. "there's a relation between the two of us you might not know about." i said carefully and slowly as i turned to face him fully.

his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "wh- what do you mean?"

a sigh escaped my lips. "i think you're aware that i was apart of the quirkless incident." i watched as he nodded cautiously. "do you know anyone else?"

he opened his mouth a few times, hesitant to answer. i didn't know if the answer was yes or no, but he was taking some thought into it. "m-my mom was in the incident... i wasn't there at the time." he spoke slowly as his emerald eyes looked dead into mine.

'glad i don't have to tell him that...'

"w-well, it turns out your mom is my mom's sister."

midoriya juts stared at me for the next few moments, his face contorting into many different emotions in the short space of time. "w-what!?" he stumbled back slightly in his sitting position as soon as he thought over my words. "you're serious?" he leaned forward, holding into my shoulders. i nodded with an awkward smile. "so that means..."

"we're cousins, izuku." i could feel my eyes tear up as the words left my mouth. "you're my family."

as the tears slipped down my cheeks, midoriya wrapped his arms around me. gently, he drew circles on my back as i squeezed my arms around him. it was such a surreal thing to think about. from the day my parents died, i thought i had no family. of course i'd only know now after all the trauma that i did actually have family members alive.

"this is a lot to process." midoriya chuckled nervously as he loosened his grip slightly. he leant back so he was holding my shoulders again. "i-i don't know why my mum hadn't told me..."

"my parents never spoke about the rest of our family. maybe your mom didn't either." i thought aloud.

midoriya tapped his chin. "that is true. she has seen you on tv though." he perked up a little. "she said you were amazing at the sports festival!" he praised with a bright smile.

"that's really sweet of her! say thankyou to her for me." i laughed.

"you could tell her yourself." he suggested, outting his hands back in his lap. "she is your auntie afterall." he gave me an awkward smile as he rubbed the back of his neck.

i giggled at his quirkyness. "that'd be great, izuku."

~

"and then i cried! again!"

shoto rolled his eyes as i swang our interwined hands as we walked. "i guess it is a reasonable thing to cry about though." he answered after a small hum.

"it is a lot to take in." i sighed, a smile etching my lips. "i actually have family. i never thought i'd have that again."

from the corner of my eye, i could see shoto smiling at me.

after talking with midoriya, me and shoto decided to have a small walk together to the beach, despite the cooler air in the evening. the sky was darkening, clouds swimming past in the tanned sky as we reached the beach after around 20 minutes of walking.

we both really enjoyed doing this.

as much as we... i... enjoyed the company of our classmates, it was nice for it to just be me and shoto sometimes. it's quite relaxing when we don't get interrupted or spied on.

the small breeze on my skin felt so cozy, much more cozy than the stuffy indoors of the dorm or home. the fresh air is beautiful near the beach, the sounds if the waves giving everything a more free feel. it felt good.

as we neared the water i took off my shoes, holding them in my free hand. "wanna paddle in the sea?" i suggested, shortly realising that shoto had also taken his shoes off. "guess that's a yes." i giggled.

my boyfriend rolled his eyes as we slowly crept into the water. a small squeal escaped my lips from the sudden cold, much to shoto's amusement. he didn't really feel the cold due to his quirk.

'lucky thing.'

i walked in a little further, rolling up the bottom of my trousers so that they didn't get wet, as my feet began to feel less cold. it was either because they had gotten used to the cold water or they were numb. either way, i was happy.

looking at the setting sun, then at shoto, a weight seemed to lift off my shoulders. he smiled at me kindly before kissing me passionately on the lips which i immediately melted into.

i felt like i could cry.

i was here, standing in the sea, accompanied by the beautiful sunset and the most special person to me in the world.

finally i've updates a chapter!!

first off, i am SO sorry for not properly updating in ages ;-; i don't really have an excuse except for being exceptionally sad :,)

secondly, wE HIT 50K READS WHAT THE FLAPJACK-

i seriously don't understand how this happened because this story is NOT the best and my writing skills are TERRIBLE but thankyou!

thankyou guys so fricking much for taking time out of your day to read this book! i love reading the comments you guys keave and they reslly do help and motivate me to keep on going! you all mean so much to me more than you know so thankyou! it's really amazing to see how much this story has grown... i'm currently crying... liKe i seriously can't believe it!

at first, i was just in love with todoroki's character and everything and thought "why don't o make a story with him and a character oike my oc?" kind of exlecting no one to find it yeT heRe wE aRe!!

itsfrickingcrazymyfriends

:O

i don't think i'll be doing a face reveal because uhH idk... i just don't feel comfortable sorry ;-; at the moment, i don't have anything specifically planned for this milestone but i will be publishing something soon when i can!

anyway, thankyou for all your love and support! see you in the next chapter!! :D

1064 words