41. rei todoroki

y/n's pov

still after already meeting her once, i was extremely nervous. right now, i sat nervously on one of the seats just outside the door waiting for it to open. i sighed as i closed my eyes and twiddled my thumbs together.

i lifted my head up to see shoto looking down at me. "you can come in now."

he held out his hand, and of course i took it. he already knew i was nervous to see him mum again but who wouldn't be? this was the first time i'd meet her as her sons girlfriend!

as we entered the room, her soft smile calmed me down almost immediately. "nice to see you again, y/n l/n." rei smiled at me as i sat down next to shoto opposite her.

i smiled at her and nodded. "it's great to see you, mrs todoroki."

"oh please, no need for formalities. after all..." she eyed me and shoto with an innocent smirk. "you are dating my son."

right then and there, my face heated up. my eyes widened as i covered my blushing cheeks with my hands, earning chuckles from shoto and a bigger smile from his mum.

"call me y/n." i said shyly as i looked at her with a quirked smile.

rei looked down at her hands before looking at shoto. "is it okay if i talk to y/n alone for a little bit?"

"of course mum." shoto smiled as he stood up, kissing his mum's forehead on the way out.

once he was gone, rei patted the bed just next to her. i stood up and sat next to her, turning slightly to be met with her calm, grey eyes.

she picked up my hands and squeezed them tightly. "i want to thank you." she said quietly as she looked deeply into my eyes. she lifted her right hand and gently rubbed my cheek, just under where my scar forms. "he's spoken so much about you - how much you've helped him and kept him safe." she smiled as she looked down to her lap. "he loves you very much."

i held onto her hand that was rubbing my cheek. "he's everything to me. i love him with all my heart."

looking up, she smiled sweetly at me and closed her eyes. "i know." she pulled me into a hug, her chin resting on my shoulder. "i know you do."

there was a moment of silence as we broke the hug, both of us now sitting completely facing each other. i looked at rei knowing that she wanted to say something, but just couldn't word it. "he used to be so cold..." her voice quivered slightly as she looked at me. "he used to push everyone away from him which made everyone feel like he was intimidating."

"he was pretty quiet when he first started ua." i agreed softly as i held onto her hands reassuringly, noticing they began to shake ever so slightly.

rei closed her eyes, then smiled. "you helped him out of that state." her grey eyes tore through me as i saw the emotions swimming in them. "you helped my son crack his shell that had been building up for so long." tears began welling in her eyes. "so thankyou!" i swear her smile could cure the worst of illnesses. it was so bright and true, such a smile that i didn't deserve yet received.

"i'm relieved i could help him." i smiled remembering our first interaction. "he helped me too though. he still continues to." i smiled at her brightly. "we help each other out all the time."

"he tells me about everything that happens." rei said softly as she rubbed my hands. "and most importantly how much he loves you."

i couldn't help but blush at her words. unfortunately, it worsened as shoto himself entered the room. "i do love her a whole lot." he said as he casually slid into the room, sitting on the bed next to me.

"you've found a keeper, shoto." his mum said with a smile as she rubbed my knee. "i better be coming to the wedding."

cue the return of the blush.

"of course, mum." shoto said casually, obviously ignoring his mum's signature innocent smirk.

"sadly it will have to wait a bit." rei said sadly as she sighed and lay her head on the pillow. she faced the window to be met with a dusk sky. "you two better get going."

i let go of her hand as me and shoto stood up. "it was a pleasure to see you again, rei." i said, still trying to get rid of the blush that still dusted my pale cheeks.

"see you soon, mum." shoto said as he waved, taking my hand as we made our way out of the hospital room.

"bye lovebirds!"

once the door shut, i groaned in embarrassment into shoto's chest, soon to begin giggling. "what are you giggling about?" shoto asked with a quirked brow.

"i just didn't expect your mum to be like that. she's so nice!" i exclaimed as we began our way down the hall.

"yea, she sure is full of surprises." shoto replied as he rubbed the back of his neck in... embarrassment?

a smirk grew on my face as i elbowed him in the side, causing him to yelp and squirm slightly. "are you embarrassed?" i wiggled my eyebrows at him as his cheeks began tinting pink.

"n-no!" he retorted.

i walked in front of him, pointing in his direction. "you stuttered! you are embarrassed!" i smacked his shoulder lightly with a pout on my face. "why did you make me suffer in embarrassment in there? you seemed so calm!" i whined.

he rolled his eyes as we made it out of the door, passing me my jacket as the cool air hit us. "i guess i'm just good at hiding certain emotions." he smirked.

"yea, yea." i scoffed with a small laugh. "we better get back to the dorms before shouta grounds me."

shoto threw me over his shoulder. "yea, we wouldn't want that happening again."

the air was soon filled with our laughter as shoto ran down the path from the hospital to the dorms with me over his shoulder.

little did we know that someone was watching us from afar...

sorry for the smaller chapter ;-; i've had some unexpected stuff going on so this was kind of left aside :,)

anyway, thankyou guys for 800+ reads! that's crazyyyyy!! i didn't expect the story to get so much views in such a small amount of time since 700 XD it means so much to me that people are reading, and, hopefully, enjoying this story!

1063 words