8. daughter of the quirkless

^^ video is not mine!

chapter inspired by the song i love you by billie eilish. i recommend listening to it whilst reading but you don't have to.

y/n's pov

once we got inside, i went in my room to find some clothes that shoto could wear. i walked into the living room to see him standing awkwardly. i snickered at his awkwardness.

"here. i usually wear oversized clothes so these should fit." i said, handing him a large jumper and joggers. "the bathroom's that way." i pointed to a door at the end of the hallway.

"okay, thanks." todoroki replied as he walked into the bathroom.

i decided to go and make some hot chocolate seeing as both of us were pretty cold.

after a few minutes, i placed the two warm cups on the coffee table by the sofa. i looked up to see todoroki making his way over to me.

"here." i said quietly, handing the cup over to him.

"thanks." he replied as he took it and took a small sip out of it.

we spoke for a while, mainly about school and he classmates. once we finished our drinks, i took them in the kitchen.

todoroki stood up and decided to look around the living room. his eyes gazed around the room until he stopped at a wall full of pictures. he examined each and every one, noticing many if them were me with some of our teachers. his eyes gazed at one in particular.

"who are they?" he asked curiously.

i walked over to him. he was pointing at a picture of a woman, a man, and a small girl.

"that's me..." i said pointing to the small girl. "a-and my parents..." i traced my finger over the two adults and smiled sadly.

"i'm sorry." todoroki apologised quietly.

"it's okay..." i whispered softly.

"what happened to them?" i turned to see shoto looking at me sadly. i took a shaky breath in.

'should i tell him?'

i looked over to the picture and closed my eyes, exhaling slowly. i took hold of his left hand and lead him to my room. his hand twitched from the sudden contact, but complied.

i sat down on my bed, soon to be joined by todoroki. we sat there for a bit until i spoke up.

"i-it was a normal day," i started, my voice shaking slightly. todoroki placed his hand on my knee comfortingly. "my mum was in the kitchen making lunch whilst my dad was with me at the kitchen table." a smile crept on my face, only to immediately change to a frown.

i looked down at my shaking hands.

"t-then we heard the front d-door slam open." todoroki looked at me worriedly as i looked at him with watery eyes.

"m-my parents were quirkless and at the time i hadn't gotten my quirk... t-they tried to protect m-me..." my breathing became hitched and my throat began closing up. "they took them away from me, shoto..."

i started whimpering quietly.

"t-they were taken by villains a-and said they turned them into-" i bit my bottom lip. todoroki rubbed my back comfortingly.