14. sports festival (two)

y/n's pov

i stood impatiently at the entrance to the arena. i could hear present mic and aizawa announcing the final activity of the sports festival.

"first match, y/n l/n vs hitoshi shinso!"

i started to walk slowly out of the shadows, my eyes still glowing from minutes ago. i stepped onto the battle grounds and stared at shinso in the eyes.

the crowds cheers quietened down as midnight raised her hand in the air. "3...2...1... begin!"

"you won't win l/n." shinso said as he stood completely still.

"are you sure about that?" i asked as i slowly made my way over to him. i stopped in my tracks and looked down at my feet.

'i can't move...'

"oh l/n. i thought you knew about my quirk?" he said slyly. "now be a good little girl and walk out of bounds." i narrowed my eyes as i felt my body turn around and walk to he direction of the white line.

"what's this? l/n is walking out of bounds!?" present mic announced surprised.

"oh shinso. i thought you knew about my quirk?" i said as a smirk grew on my face.

my eyes glowed brighter as i levitated myself upwards into the centre of the battle grounds. i stared at him with a determined expression.

"h-how?" he asked astonished.

"telekinesis." i stated as i levitated him and sent him out of bounds.

"hitoshi shinso is out of bounds! y/n l/n advances to the next round!" midnight announced excitedly.

i levitated myself down and looked at the crowds. as i walked through the archway back inside, i heard people talking.

"she doesn't look very heroic to me."

"that quirk is more of a villains quirk, don't you think?"

"why is that in the hero course?"

"what a disappointment."

i tried to block out the noises but it was no use. my eyes started tearing up so i ran inside. i kept running and running, my heart racing and my breathing quickening. i bumped into someone suddenly and fell to the ground. a hand came into view. i looked up to see a familiar face. todoroki.

"s-sorry shoto..." i apologised as i took his hand.

"it's alright. what's wrong?" he asked nervously.

"n-nothing..." i lied. he looked unimpressed. "what are you doing here?"

"i wanted to congratulate you..." he said quietly. i smiled slightly.

"thank you, shoto." i looked down at my hands.

"y/n. i know you're not okay." i looked back up to see shoto staring down at me. i looked at him confused. "you always look down at your hands when you're sad." i looked at him surprised.

'he noticed?'

"i also heard my father talking to you earlier. you didn't have to say all those things..." he whispered. "i'm sorry about what he said."

"of course i had to shoto. anyway, what he said isn't any different to what other people say..." he looked at me sympathetically. "it's not just your father that's bothering me." i sat down on the floor cross-legged.

"what's bothering you?" he asked quietly as he sat down next to me.

"people say that my quirk is more of a villain quirk..." i said sadly. "i guess my appearance doesn't help." i looked down at my one fingerless gloved hand and brought it up to my patch.

"your quirk isn't villainous, y/n." todoroki said softly. "it's a very unique, amazing quirk. you will be able to help loads of people when you become a pro hero." i looked at him with a glossy eye.

"really?" he nodded at my question.

"you are going to be a great hero, y/n." he said confidently. i stood up and walked forwards slightly, then turned and looked at him. todoroki stood up and faced me.

"if i'm going to be a hero..." i started. i lifted my left hand and grabbed my patch. "they may as well see all of me." i lifted off my patch and clutched it into my left, gloved, hand. shoto walked over to me and smiled. he his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly.

"now, go win the next fight shoto." i said smirking.

"i will snowflake." he replied with a soft grin.

"snowflake?"

"that's my nickname for you..." he said shyly. "i can just call you y/n if you want-"

"n-no... i like it..." i said quietly. "good luck sho~" i smiled at him and waved. he did the same and made his way to the arena.

i began making my way over to the stands. i spotted midoriya and sat next to him.

"hey y/n!" he exclaimed. "your fight was very impressive." i giggled slightly.

"it wasn't really..." i rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

"are you kidding?" i looked behind me to see kirishima. "if that was me, i would have been screwed!" the others nodded.

"your quirk is so cool!" kaminari said enthusiastically.

"thanks, kaminari." i laughed as i turned my attention to the seen in front of me.

"todoroki shoto vs sero hanta." aizawa presented bluntly.

"begin!" midnight exclaimed.

sero began using his quirk to try and trap shoto but missed. in a flash, todoroki slammed his foot to the ground harshly and created a giant iceberg type thing.

"whoa!" i exclaimed shocked as i looked at the massive ice sculpture.

"s-so c-c-cold." uraraka shivered.

"i can't see what happened!" ashido exclaimed.

the frosty mist cleared to reveal todoroki standing still. my gaze travelled over to the screen which showed sero trapped in ice.

"sero hanta is immobilised!" midnight announced.

"well that was quick." kaminari sulked.

i looked down at todoroki to see him looking slightly troubled. he was breathing heavily as he began walking out of the arena. i sighed and leant back in my seat. i began remembering the matches and who was against who. i suddenly shot up.

'i'm versing shoto...'

jddjdjdj sorry for the shorter chapter ahhh! exams are being a pain so i'm updating in chunks :,)

999 words