40. the fair

y/n's pov

"i've got an idea!" i fell off the sofa as soon as ashido barged into the room, jumping on the sofa i was on with excitement. "let's go to the fair!"

bakugo's eyebrows furrowed as he huffed with annoyance. "why the fuck would i go to a fair?"

"oh come on katsuki! it'll be fun!" kirishima smiled as he snaked his arms around his neck. "i think it's a great idea mina! count us in!"

i stood up, rubbing my back as i faced her. "i'll try and persuade shoto."

midoriya placed his arm on my shoulder. "i'll come too!"

"count me in!" uraraka said excitedly from across the room.

sero pushed past us and placed his hands on mina's shoulders. "you can count the rest of the bakusquad in as well." he pointed behind him where jiro and kaminari were smiling at them with content.

"great! we'll leave at noon." and with that, ashido was gone.

"she just comes and goes doesn't she?" i mumbled with a smile.

"that's mina for you." kirishima laughed awkwardly.

i looked at my phone.

11:09am.

i placed it back in my hoodie pocket and started walking out of the room. "i'll go wake up shoto." i received thumbs up from the majority of the people in the room, excluding bakugo, as i made my way into the elevator.

once i was on the right floor, i made my way to shoto's dorm door. knocking the door softly, i got no response. i opened the door slowly and made my way into his dimly lit room, looking over to his bed where he lay fast asleep. a smile curved onto my lips as i kneeled next to him, my fingers through his soft hair gently in hope to wake him.

he began stirring, his eyes opening slightly. "y/n?" his tired eyes locked into mine.

"hey sho." i smiled at him before kissing him on the lips softly. "some of us are going to the fair soon and i was wondering if you wanted to join us."

"what time are you thinking of leaving?"

"in around 50 minutes."

he yawned as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. "alright, i'll come with you." a smile crept onto his lips.

i stood up and began walking towards the door. "i'll be in the common room if you need-"

"stay?" i looked down to shoto who was gently holding my hand. he was basically doing puppy dog eyes at me and i have to say... it was adorable. "just while i get changed? then we can go."

i sighed as i sat down on the bed where shoto was now getting up from. "okay."

he went over to his dresser and began getting changed into some skinny jeans, a plain top, and trainers. walking over to me once he was done, he picked me up. i wrapped my legs and arms around him, the oversized hoodie i was wearing covering me completely.

shoto nuzzled our noses before setting me down and patting my head. "isn't that one of my hoodies?" he quirked a brow as we began walking.

"maybe..." i trailed off with a smirk on my face.

he sighed and held my hand as we walked into the common room where everyone was. it was 11:38am so everyone was early, but i wasn't one to complain.

"everyone's here right?" ashido asked the large group. we all nodded. "alright then! let's go!"

following her was me, shoto, bakugo, kirishima, midoriya, uraraka, kaminari, sero, jiro, and iida. the fair wasn't too far away so we all walked there. the weather wasn't warm but it wasn't extremely cold either.

after around fifteen minutes of walking, we finally arrived at the fair. to be honest, it was much bigger than i thought it'd be. it was extremely loud: people chatting away and laughing, loud music blasting from speakers, screams from roller coasters. i could start to feel myself feel a little claustrophobic so i tightened my grip on shoto's hand.

i decided to distract myself with the surroundings higher up. there were many lights climbing and hanging like bridges from stall to stall, extremely high rides and rollercoasters all different colours, and many food places that couldn't be chosen from to visit.

ashido stepped in my point of view in front of the group. "alright everyone! what shall we do first?" she placed her hands on her hips with a huge smile on her face.

"how about a rollercoaster?" sero suggested.

"or food!" kaminari exclaimed as he licked his lips.

"oh! what about some games!"

"let's get into some groups! it'll be easier that way." iida stated with his usual hand gestures. "we'll meet back here at one to get lunch." we all nodded,

soon the group split into smaller ones, making their way in opposite directions.

i looked up at shoto. "what do you wanna do sho?"

he shrugged. "i've never been to a fair so i don't really know what there is to do." he smiled awkwardly at me.

"katsuki and i want to go on that rollercoaster. you guys should come join us!" kirishima approached the both of us with bakugo following behind as he pointed at what seemed like the highest rollercoaster in the whole fair.

shoto's face paled slightly as he looked up at it. "what? you scared icyhot" bakugo teased as he noticed shoto's expression.

"why would i be scared, bakugo?" shoto shot him a glare as he spoke lowly. "let's get this over and done with."

we began queuing to go on the rollercoaster, the screams of people on it echoing through the fair. i looked up at it to see that it was much higher than i initially thought and that there were a few loops.

my stomach dropped as the gate opened and we began making our way to the rollercoaster. for some reason, we decided to follow bakugo and sit at the front which i regretted as soon as the bar and seatbelts were fastened and tightened. i held onto the bar tightly with one hand, and shoto's hand with another as it began moving.

as we began climbing, shoto's eyes were closed. "why did i agree to this?" he mumbled as he tightened his grip.

i squeezed his hand. "don't worry, it'll be over fast." we came to a stop at the very top of the rollercoaster not knowing when we would fly down. "believe me." i gulped as we began edging closer to the edge before screaming once we began going downwards.

the drop was followed by twists, turns, and loops. the air was filled with the screams and laughter of the passengers, excluding the four of us. we weren't laughing, only screaming. after 30 seconds, we came to a stop. with jelly legs, we made our way out the exit.

"that was awesome!" kirishima said shakily as he fist bumped the air.

bakugo held onto his arm with a frown. "never again, shitty hair."

"sorry babe." kirishima hugged bakugo's side.

with my hand still in his, i looked at shoto who looked like he was going to throw up. "you okay?"

he blinked a few times. "mhm." he nodded his head, a faint smile on his lips.

"how about we go to the arcade?"

"that'll be nice."

aaaaahh i'm so sorry for the late update! i've had so much going on and i haven't had time to update :/

for a few chapters, they will be things not included in the anime,, so basically made up and not true events. well- alteast for a few chapters XD i'll be getting onto the rest of season three in time, don't worry!

also, whAt tHe heLl!?!?!?!?!!!?? we hit 500 reads which is so much to me i- thankyou guysss

1225 words