halloween special

[this won't mean anything to the storyline, but it's just something small and fluffy for you guys!]

todoroki's pov

october 31st had arrived, and, for some reason, me, midoriya, uraraka, and iida visited a pumpkin farm and went shopping for costumes. due to my confusion and curiosity, i asked questions as to why we were here. i gained no answers and only got comments of being 'oblivious'.

after laying our pumpkins outside, we all went to our dorms. it was now 9pm and everyone was getting ready for a party. celebrating what was beyond me, but y/n was as excited as anything.

"y/n, what is this party for? we celebrated tokoyami's birthday yesterday and i can't think of anything else that could be today." i asked curiously as i eyed the costume y/n had picked out for me.

"it's halloween silly!" she answered as she reappeared in her costume.

"so, a halloween party?" i quirked a brow at her. "what is halloween? and why have you got fangs?"

she stifled a laugh as she sat down on the bed next to me. "halloween is a holiday celebrated to dress up and have fun! well, that's why most people celebrate it." she smiled. "the party is kind of like a dress up party, but everyone's gonna be dressed up as something creepy or scary."

"but, you're not wearing anything scary." i said in confusion as i looked her over.

"i'm a vampire silly. you know? them human like creatures that suck on blood and all that?" she jumped up off the bed and grabbed my costume. "you're a vampire too!" she held up the so called vampire costume that was similar colours to hers.

"it's similar to yours." i commented.

she rubbed the back of her neck. "yea... it's kinda cringy." she sighed. " but i think it's pretty cute, y'know?" she winked at me, making my cheeks heat up a bit. "go put it on! i'll help you with the makeup and fangs after if you'd like."

she waved at me as she went back into the bathroom to allow me to change. as i did, i noticed a cloak type thing and other accessories. once i had put the costume on, y/n called me into the bathroom.

as i entered, i was greeted by a lot of makeup products.

good grief.

"okay, sit there." she instructed as she pointed to a small stool. "now, i know you're pale already but i'm gonna make you paler." she explained as she approached me with a sponge type thing with white... paint on it?

nodding in agreement and total oblivion, i closed my eyes as she began dabbing my face, avoiding my scar as best as she could. she then went on to use a dark powder on my eyes and fake blood around my lips.

"are they the fangs?" i asked as she examined two plastic things in her hands.

she turned to me. "yup! don't worry, if you don't mess with them there's nothing to worry about!" she approached me and leant down a bit so she was eye level to me. "now, open your mouth."

doing as i was told, i opened my mouth. y/n put this clear glue type of thing on two of my teeth, then pressed on the two fake ones. "wha goo you ean ohinc coo howwy about?" (what do you mean nothing to worry about.)

"there may be a possibility to swallow the teeth, but it's very unlikely." y/n explained briefly.

i nodded in understanding.

~

"whoa! todoroki you look so cool!" i turned my head to see midoriya approaching us from the middle of the party. he was a ghost like costume with an accompanied pumpkin basket thing.

"thankyou. i like your costume." i complimented.

a high pitched squeal was heard behind us. "oh my all might!" it was uraraka. "you guys are like a vampire couple ahhh!" she admired as she hugged me and y/n from the side.

i thanked her unsurely, not knowing if that was something to thank.

the four of us walked into the centre of the common room where some of our classmates were dancing *cough* the bakusquad *cough*.

"damn, katsuki's got some moves." y/n complimented as she saw bakugo dancing against kaminari.

"kacchan's always been a good dancer. he's always beaten me at-"

"deku." midoriya yelped as soon as bakugo approached us. "dance floor. i'm gonna beat you his instant. now. go." he ordered as he pushed midoriya into the space where bakugo once had a dance off with kaminari.

uraraka sucked in a breath. "you got this deku! blast bakugo away!" she cheered with a smile.

of course, bakugo won. though, no one was judging the dance off.

"hey shoto, come over here." y/n whispered as she lead me through the small crowd over to what seemed like a buffet. "eat this." she handed me a small cupcake with orange icing on it.

i took a bite out of it, melting into the lovely chocolate taste. "this is pretty good." i commented.

"i made it!" y/n announced with a happy smile.

"it really is nice." i complimented, taking another bite and giving her a small smile.

she giggled softly. "you're so cute." she kissed me on the nose.

"you missed." i said slyly with a smirk.

she rolled her eyes and planted a loving kiss on my lips.

~

"so, you draw on the pumpkin and cut out shapes?" i asked with a confused look, eyeing the pumpkin in front of me.

"yup!" midoriya exclaimed. "i've done one every year since i was able to do it!"

y/n tilted her head at me. "i'm guessing you never celebrated halloween?"

i nodded sadly. "we don't really celebrate holidays."

"that's alright todoroki! we'll help you!" uraraka beamed with a bright smile.

i thanked her as everyone began drawing on the pumpkins. we had decided to sit out in the gardens outside the dorms after leaving the party for a small break. yes, it was a bit chilly but nothing we couldn't handle.

i looked down at the pumpkin in front of me and wondered. "uhh, what does one draw on a pumpkin?"

y/n giggled. "well, anything really. i'm drawing something scary though to be in the spirit of halloween." she said with a smile.

"i'm doing a happy face!" uraraka exclaimed as she held up her pumpkin to me.

"i'm doing a stereotypical vampire like pumpkin." iida answered, showing me his pumpkin also.

"and i'm doing all might!" midoriya said enthusiastically.

secret love child.

still, after everyone showing me their pumpkins, i still had no idea what to do.

"something scary..." i whispered under my breath. "maybe something i'm scared of?"

my eyes widened as soon as an idea popped in my head.

...

"whoa! these look amazing!" ashido chirped as she looked at the pumpkins we, and some other classmates, had made and sat outside the dorms. "i have a question though."

iida straightened up. "ask away."

"why is a kettle carved in one of them?"

i sweatdropped as y/n and midoriya snapped their gaze towards me.

"you said something scary..."

this is a teensy bit early buT HAPPY HALLOWEEN MA DOODS! <3

quickly wrote this chapter in celebration of my favourite holiday uwu