45. the dark woods

todoroki's pov

"a river!?" i rolled my eyes with a faint smile as midoriya squeaked. out of all the things we had to do, a ride on a river was the one we got first?

"it can't be that bad!" uraraka comforted him with a hand on his shoulder. "right?" she looked over to the rest of us with a hopeful smile.

y/n shrugged. "it's a river. i doubt it's that bad."

boy, was she wrong.

once we got into our separate blow-up rings, we began the journey. the start of the it was quite nice, almost peaceful. that was until where we currently are where everyone thinks they're going to-

"we're gonna die!" thanks, kirishima.

every now and then, bakugo would swear and yell and kirishima would cling onto the ring for dear life. midoriya kept quite quiet, only yelping quietly every now and again.

y/n was just in front of us by asui and uraraka. i kept my gaze on her the while time, watching every bump of the boat and every odd movement that could resemble distress. however, she didn't seem distressed at all.

despite the situation, she was smiling brightly. every bump, she would laugh and occasionally swear lightly. uraraka and asui were quite the same also.

"oh no!" i snapped my head back over to y/n who was clinging onto the boat, pointing ahead of her to where i couldn't currently see.

midoriya lifted his head. "what is it?" he yelled.

y/n turned around with a nervous smile. "rapids!"

"oh shit." i heard bakugo mutter under his breath.

i raised an eyebrow. "what's the rapids?"

kirishima looked at me dumbfounded. "it's extremely fast water." midoriya said wide-eyed as he pointed ahead of us. "and it's coming quickly!"

i looked ahead of me to see faster water approaching too quickly for my liking. i wasn't scared though, more nervous than anything. uraraka yelped as she reached the rapids, still laughing however. next it was asui, then y/n, then us boys.

as i was spinning around in circles and bumping above the water, i still tried my best to look where i was going. i couldn't get lost, but i felt much safer keeping my eyes ahead of me. once we got closer to the calmer water, i started to relax.

"ah!" i turned around to see y/n yelp as she fell into the water. after a few moments, she emerged with a laugh. "i-it's so c-cold!" she exclaimed as she tried to get on the ring again.

in the corner of my eye, i could see bakugo smiling widely. "we should jump off that!" he exclaimed rather too excitedly as he pointed to a small cliff by the water edge.

"isn't it a bit too-"

"heck yea!" y/n began kicking her legs to get to the shore of the river.

once we were all out of the water, we looked around to our surroundings. "it says here..." midoriya began as he looked at a sign. "when we want to go back, we just stand here. it'll teleport is back to our assigned area."

"that's so cool!" kirishima's eyes sparkled as he looked at the stone circle just aside of the sign.

bakugo pushed past me. "yea, that's alright, but i wanna jump off that thing!"

i rolled my eyes as we all followed him up to the top of the cliff. i looked down, gulping slightly as i saw how high it was.

y/n's pov