58. lucky

y/n's pov

after the extra classes for whatever reason aizawa had decided for us to have during the holidays, it was finally time for us to relax. it was coming up to the end of summer break, and our special moves training would start soon. unfortunately, i'm not allowed to train for this activity before anyone else.

such a bummer.

i sighed and sat back, rubbing the scar that pierced across my right side where the pole had stabbed through me from months ago. that fight had since tormented me.

"no matter how hard i try..." i clenched my pyjamas tightly. "i can hear your screams." i shut my eyes as the piercing sound sounded through my head. i dug deeper into the duvet as tears streamed down my face for the fourth time tonight.

i'm sick of it.

"i just hope tomorrow gets better..."

~

"good morning snowflake." i opened the door to be met with the face of the one i love.

i invited shoto into the house, laughing quietly as he engulfed me into a hug. "good morning~" i nuzzled into the crook of his neck as he brought me into the livingroom.

he sat down, my legs still wrapped around him. "aizawa's not here is he?"

"ahem." before i could answer him, aizawa emerged from wherever he was hiding. "hello todoroki."

i giggled at my boyfriends embarrassed face as he turned to look at aizawa. "hello aizawa sensei." he replied with a nervous smile.

"i couldn't care less what you two do, but keep it in y/n's room."

'i want to slap him.'

"shouta!" i yelled as i could feel my face heat up.

"i'm going to the school. stay out of trouble." without another word he left, leaving me and shoto a blushing mess.

"you came a bit earlier than expected." i sighed as i leant on his chest.

i felt his chest move as he laughed. "sorry. i just wanted to see you."

i looked up at him with a smirk. "look at you being all soft!" i teased as i booped his nose with my finger, standing up as i started to walk upstairs.

"i'm not soft." he pouted as he followed me.

"it's a compliment." i smiled as i looked through my dresser for clothes. "what do you wanna do today?"

he sat down on my bed as i began changing. "i don't mind." he shrugged as he watched me struggle to put my jeans on. "anything's fine."

"how about we go to the beach? i know it's not the warmest, but it's still nice." i suggested as i put my top on.

"alright." he walked over to me, hugging me from behind. "let's go to the beach."

...

"it's so pretty." i commented as i looked around the empty beach.

it was still rather early, so the sun was rather new. the sky was a mis of light blue and orange, slowly becoming lighter as the time went on. there was no soul on the beach beside me and shoto which was a relief. it was far more relaxing and refreshing this way.

we came to a stop near the water, but not too close. sitting down, we both admired the sea in front of us. it was quiet. the only sounds that could be heard was our breathing, and the soft waves kissing the shore.

shoto pressed his cheek on my head as i leant on his shoulder. "how's things been at home?" i asked, my gaze still fixed at the ocean in front of us.

usually he'd stiffen, but he stayed in the same composure. "my father still trains me harshly." he said truthfully with a sigh. "but, he's been out more often. i've been able to see my mom more, so things have been better than usual."

i sighed i'm relief. "that's good to hear." i shuffled closer to him. "he's still a piece of trash though."

shoto chuckled softly as he intertwined our fingers. "i guess so." he shifted slightly to look at me. "what about you? have you been feeling better?"

i met his heterochromic gaze. "i'm better than i was before." i said, averting my gaze to the sand i was playing with. "i've been a little on edge seeing as it's almost been ten years since they... left, but i'm okay." i gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"i'm glad you're feeling better." he kissed my lips softly, then leant back. he lay down on the cool sand still looking into my eyes.

i rolled my eyes as i laid down, putting my head on his stomach. his hand ran through my hair gently, his other hand holding into mine. "sometimes i wonder what would have happened if i hadn't met you." my voice was quiet as i spoke.

"what do you mean?" shoto asked, his hand still running through my hair.

"if i hadn't gotten into ua, or even become friends with you... i don't know what would have happened." i furrowed my brows. "you've been there for me so much a-and sometimes i wonder what would have happened if you weren't."

"i would have always been there for you, no matter what y/n." he answered calmly. "you've helped me too you know? if it weren't for you, i probably wouldn't be as happy as i am right now."

i could feel his heart rate increase slightly as i turned my head to kiss his jawline. "i'm so lucky to have you."

he sat up, making me glide slightly so my head was now in his lap. "and i'm lucky to have you." he lifted me up slightly as kissed my lips. closing my eyes, i felt warm and safe. the kiss was passionate, not needy. it held love. the deep love that we both felt for one another.

we parted, breathing rather heavily as we did so. we just stayed still for awhile, taking in every of the other's details. his eyes shone as he looked at me, scanning over my face. his cheeks and nose was a slightly hue of pink because of the cold air, yet he was warm. his lips were soft and gentle, holding care in them alone.

a wave of an emotion crossed me as i felt my eyes sting slightly. shoto noticed and brought our foreheads together, nuzzling our noses.

"i love you, y/n l/n."

i pressed my lips softly against his. "i love you too, shoto todoroki."

bit of a shorter chapter but it's whOleSomE

i have a few more chapters planned that i'll be writing soon! i think they'll be possibly 10 more chapters?? maybe???

idk, we'll just have to see how it goes :)

1086 words