25. the truth

todoroki's pov

i ran as fast as i could down to the fake street. i tripped a few times but kept on running as the screams from y/n got louder and louder. once i saw her, i tried to run to her to get knocked back by an invisible force.

"she's unconsciously protecting herself." visionary explained as he stepped back a bit.

i looked at him angrily. "what did you make her see?" i spat at him as i looked deeply into his eyes.

"her past." he said monotone.

"do you have any idea what she's gone through! she's having her nightmares shown in front of her right now and no one can do anything to help!" i raised my voice at him. "how long will she be like this?"

"until she finds a way out. it could be any duration." i gazed at him angrily as i slowly walked forwards.

i turned my attention back to y/n who was kneeling on the floor clutching her hair, crying and screaming uncontrollably.

"stop it! leave me alone!" she screamed painfully as tears fell down her cheeks. she sounded like she was in so much pain and i couldn't do anything about it. the strange thing was that she wasn't moving... at all.

"y/n?" i said quietly as i cautiously walked forwards.

"h-hello?" she whispered as her voice cracked.

i looked at her wide-eyed. "c-can you hear me?"

she closed her eyes as tears silently fell. "shoto?" her voice was shaky as she began sobbing again. "i-i'm in so much pain..."

"i'm gonna help you okay?" i watched her face become a little bit more relaxed. "you're gonna have to let me get to you okay?" her eyes drifted in my direction and were filled with fear.

'am i someone else to her in the vision?'

"who am i, y/n?" i said as i motioned to myself.

"t-toga..." she stuttered out in fear.

i looked at her saddened. "it's not toga. it's me, shoto." i whispered.

"h-how do i know you're not t-tricking me?" she raised her voice as her eyes closed again.

"i would never trick you, snowflake." i said calmly. she opened her eyes again a looked at me softly. "i need to get over to you to help you okay?"

"o-okay..." she replied quietly as she relaxed a bit.

"can you move?" i asked quietly.

"n-no..." she whispered.

i looked at her worriedly. "okay... you need to let me get to you." i said gently.

"okay..." she whispered yet again as i began my way over to her slowly. i dodged the slowly moving sharp objects that were surrounding me. y/n closed her eyes as i came closer to her. i knelt down in front of her.

"i'm here now, okay?" she was shaking uncontrollably.

"p-please help me..." she squeaked out.

i embraced her shaking figure. she tensed up at first but then relaxed. i felt her arms wrap around me as she looked into my eyes.

"s-shoto?" she breathed as she hugged me tightly. she began sobbing into my chest as i held her tighter.

"i'm here..." i stroked her hair gently. "i'm here."

[time skip]

y/n was asleep in recovery girl's room while i was sitting in principle nezu's office with the other teachers.