30. nightmare

y/n's pov

after dinner, me and shoto went to his room. luckily, midoriya was his roommate so it wasn't too much trouble to ask him if i could stay with shoto. we moved both of the beds so that they were now touching, creating a double bed.

currently, we were both lying down. my head was resting on shoto's rising and falling chest, his heartbeat acting like a melody to my ears. i sat up suddenly with a yelp as i felt something gently rub the underneath my arm. i looked down to see shoto smirking at me.

"not fair." i pouted as he sat up, still smirking like an idiot.

he kissed my lips gently. "you did it to me." he said with a sly expression.

i sighed and moved to sit beside him. "i'm scared to go to sleep..." i said whilst nuzzling into his chest. "i don't want to hurt you."

"what do you mean, y/n?" shoto asked slightly confused as he ran his fingers comfortingly through my hair.

"as you know, i've been having nightmares... my quirk may or may not activate during them." i looked up at him with an unsure smile.

he pulled me into a gentle hug. "you won't hurt me. i'll be here for you always okay?" i smiled at his soft words.

"i believe you." i started drifting off to sleep as he placed the covers over us, hugging me tightly from the side.

todoroki's pov

12:32am.

i looked down at y/n who was now sleeping soundly, her breaths calm. the moonlight escaping through the cracks of the curtains fell softly onto her face, making her seem more angelic than she usually is. chuckling softly, i played with her hair gently whilst smiling like an idiot. i lay down and closed my eyes readying for sleep to consume me.

2:56am.

my eyes fluttered open to a soft grunting. i sat up and looked at y/n who's nose was scrunched and eyebrows were furrowed. i examined her face as its expression turned to what seemed like slight pain.

"y/n, wake up." i said quietly as she became more distressed. she then began whimpering softly. "hey..." i rubbed her cheek gently.

"n-no, leave him a-alone..." she whispered. i looked at her confused. "don't h-hurt him..." tears began forming in her eyes.

i rubbed her arm comfortingly in hopes to make the dream go away. "n-no! stop! don't hurt shoto!" she began whisper yelling as she began tossing and turning.

small objects began floating slightly as she began crying. "i'm right here y/n, i'm right here." i said whilst shaking her gently.

"n-no..." she whimpered as her eyes closed even more. "no, no... n-no. no. no!" she shot up.

i looked at her worriedly as her gaze met mine. her eyes we're full of horror. i immediately hugged her as her tears began falling like waterfalls. she sobbed into my chest as i held her tightly.

"i-i'm sorry..." she whispered as she looked up at me with teary eyes.

i wiped the stray tears away despite them being replaced again and again. "why are you sorry?"

"i-i woke you up... i didn't hurt you did i?" she looked at me panicked as she held my hand tightly.

"of course you didn't." i reassured as i caressed her cheek. she relaxed slightly as she replied with a soft 'okay'. "now, what was that dream about?"

she looked up at me terrified again. "i-i..."

"you don't have to say if you don't want to." i whispered.

she shook her head. "n-no... i'd rather you know." she laid onto my chest, holding me tightly. i wrapped my arms around her as she began speaking. "when my parents were killed, they were killed right in front of me as you may know." she gulped slightly. "t-they were strangled and they had their necks snapped. all i can remember is my mother looking at me telling me telling me everything was going to be alright..." her voice cracked.

my hold around her tightened as she continued. "they left me there alone. i had no where to go so i decided to wander the streets for help. my street was completely empty, and after a few hours i remember falling unconscious." y/n furrowed her eyebrows at the thought. "i woke up in a strange place... you might have seen it in visionary's video."

"i do recall." i mumbled.

her grip on me tightened. "i was kidnapped by the same villains. toga was my usual acquaintance seeing as tomura, who you know as shigiraki, disappeared. i was there for around two years. my case was supposed to be tracked the time of the attack but they said they had bigger problems than a missing 5 year old child." she gritted her teeth in slight anger. "aizawa was the pro hero to rescue me. but, i had a lot of problems. the physical and emotional stress had caused me to go insane and gave me health problems."

she sat up and looked at me straight in the eye. "i was experimented on. that's why i have two quirks."

i sat up and looked at her shocked. "w-what?"

"i was dreaming about you in my situation. y-you were being experimented on the same way i was and i couldn't do anything to help you! i was paralysed and all i could see and hear was you a screaming in pain shouting out my name... and i couldn't move to help you..." she looked down as tears fell down once again.

i lifted her chin gently. "hey, it was only a dream okay? i'm right here, right in front of you unharmed." i engulfed her into a hug and rested my chin on her shoulder. "i'm so sorry that you had to go through that."

i played with her hair comfortingly as she leant into the hug. "i love you, sho." she whispered.

"i love you too, y/n." i felt her body get heavier as i looked down at y/n's calm face. she fell asleep. i felt myself smile as i gently laid her head back on the pillow. "goodnight." i kissed her forehead and drifted off to sleep.

y/n's pov

i woke up with a yawn as i sat up in bed. i looked beside me to see shoto smiling softly at me. "good morning, snowflake." he said as he sat up.

"g'morning." i mumbled as i rubbed my eyes. "what time is it?"

shoto picked up his phone. "7:15am." i sighed as i stood up from the warm bed.

"i better go get changed." i walked around the bed and kissed shoto gently. "see you at training?"

"yea." he blushed slightly as i smirked at him.

i turned around and stood in the doorway. i focused on the bed next to shoto's and moved it back to it's original place before smiling and leaving to my room. once i got there, i immediately got in the shower. i sighed as the warm water travelled down my body effortlessly.

"y/n?" i heard yaoyorozu say from the other side if the door.

"yep. i'm here now!" i replied. i hopped out the shower and dried my hair. i got changed and looked in the mirror, my mind wandering to my classmates. "i need to do something to say thanks."

yaoyorozu appeared in the doorway. "hey, just wanted to check on you."

i smiled at her. "thanks, momo. i'm feeling fine."

"what training are you gonna focus on?"

"probably my healing." suddenly an idea popped into my head.

"sounds good." yaoyorozu smiled as she turned around to go to the training area.

i followed her out with a determined smile on my face. "hey, momo...?"

soooo i've almost finished my exams so ill be able to update everyday yeeee!! until then, it'll probably be every 2-3 days :/

1303 words