27. camp

y/n's pov

"come on y/n! you don't wanna be late do you?" aizawa shouted up the stairs impatiently.

i sighed as i sat up in my bed. "i'll be down in a minute!" i yawned and stood up, making my way over to the mirror. i looked at the bags under my eyes and sighed. "i wish i'd get sleep..." i mumbled under my breath as i changed into my uniform.

today was the day we'd be travelling to the training camp. being away from home might actually ease my nerves to stop all the nightmares i've been having lately. plus, i'll be able to be with shoto for a week straight!

i smiled as i finished getting ready at the thought of being reunited with him again - after all, we haven't had the chance to see each other because of all the training we've been doing the past week.

i made my way downstairs to be greeted by aizawa with a smirk on his face. he lifted up his phone to show a timer. "well done, y/n. you got ready in a great 11 minutes 54 seconds." he said sarcastically.

i snorted. "you don't always have to do that you know, shouta." i walked past him through the kitchen and to the front door, grabbing a waffle on the way out. "now are we going or not?" aizawa rolled his eyes and joined me. he opened the door and we made our way to ua.

of course, we were the first people there. unfortunately for aizawa, he was the only teacher coming with us until we made it to the camp. i put my bags in the bus and waited with him outside. after a few minutes, i heard voices. i yelped in surprise as someone jumped on me from behind.

"hey y/n!" uraraka giggled as she helped me back up.

"hey ura!" i smiled at her. "you excited?"

her smile grew as she held both my hands in hers. "heck yea! i've been waiting for this all week!" her voice became more excitable as she spoke. "oh look! it's deku and the others!" i turned my head to see some of the class finally arriving.

i skipped my way over to them with a smile on my face. "hey guys!"

"sup y/n!" kaminari greeted.

"you seem excited." kirishima said with a laugh.

"is it that obvious?" i laughed. "put your stuff in the bus. we'll be leaving in a bit." i pointed to the luggage part of the bus. everyone went over there but i stayed put.

"where are you shoto?" i whispered as i looked around curiously until i felt someone hug me from behind. i realised it was shoto. "oh! hey sho!"

he gripped tighter around me. "hey." his voice was rather dry. i turned around to see him looking rather sad.

"what's wrong?" i asked worriedly as i stroked his cheek. he shook his head and held my hand, dragging me softly to the bus. "wanna you tell me later?" he nodded.

we made our way on the bus and sat down in one of the empty seats.

"i'm just a bit tired..." shoto said quietly once we started the journey. he put his head on my shoulder and held my hand shakily.

i sighed and held his hand tighter. "i know that's not only what's wrong shoto. please promise to tell me later." he hesitated, then nodded his head slowly. "i'll wake you up when we get there, okay?"

"thankyou snowflake..." i felt him get heavier on my shoulder.

i smiled softly at him and looked around the bus, catching a gaze from aizawa. i rolled my eyes at his father-like expression and stuck my tongue out at him. i saw him chuckle slightly as he turned his gaze back to the front. i looked out the window and sighed.