26. poolside

y/n's pov

"alright everyone." aizawa started as he placed both of his hands on his desk. "now that everyone's here, i can finally make this announcement." we all sat forward in our seats eagerly.

"now as you all know, there is a trip to the quirk training camp next week. unfortunately, not everyone passed their exams a few days ago." he eyed ashido and kirishima particularly. "however, principal nezu decided to let you all go under one condition. you six will have to do written exams. no exceptions."

"but sir-!" ashido started before getting her mouth covered by kaminari's hand.

"that's okay sir..." he said, laughing nervously.

aizawa eyed them both and smirked awkwardly. "i'd hope so." he turned his attention back to the rest of the class. "i want all of you to train all this week. the training trip won't be easy, and i expect you to all push past your limits. that is all." he fell down in his sleeping bag, leaving the class silent.

"how do you put up with him?" midoriya laughed quietly once everyone began talking amongst each other. i shrugged with a small giggle and travelled over to shoto's desk.

he smiled at me softly. "hey snowflake~" i knelt down on the floor by him and placed my arms on his desk.

i rested my head on my arms and sighed. "hey sho~"

"you seem tired." he whispered as he caressed my cheek softly. i nodded gently and yawned. "nightmare?" i looked up at him and nodded at him again.

"yea... i wish they'd go away." i pouted. he looked at me and booped my nose.

"you can always stay at mine, or i could even stay at yours. i will always answer your messages and calls and come to you whenever you need me." i smiled at him.

"thanks sho..." i felt myself drifting off until the bell rang, immediately waking me up. shoto chuckled softly and stood up, grabbing his bag and holding my hand. he picked up my bag on the way out and walked out of the classroom.

"anywhere you wanna go?" he asked.

i looked up at him with a huge smile. "ice cream?"

he nodded and smiled as we began walking to the beach.

[time skip to the next day]

"come on y/n!" uraraka exclaimed excitedly as she held my wrist and dragged me into the changing rooms. "i wanna get in the pool!"

midoriya invited everyone to the school pool to train before our next school trip next week. to be honest, it was sweet of him to invite all of class 1-a.

i put on the school swimming suit and sighed in relief. luckily, it didn't show lots of skin so my scars would be covered. once all the girls were ready, we all walked out to be greeted by some of the boys.

"hello everyone!" midoriya greeted with a huge smile on his face. we all waved and walked over to the side of the pool. my eyes scanned over to shoto who was staring at me. i blushed and waved at him, earning a small wave back.

out of nowhere, kaminari and mineta ran from the boys changing rooms. i laughed softly at their change in expression once they saw all the boys. the boys began training whilst all the girls played in the pool. after 20 minutes, the boys gave up in training and swam over to us.

"hey shoto!" i smiled at my boyfriend who was swimming over to me.

"hey." he replied as he kissed me softly on the lips.

"ahh! you guys are so cute!" uraraka and ashido fangirled. i laughed embarrassed at them and glared at the two, both of them winking at me. i turned my head to where shoto originally was to see him no longer there.

"sho- ah!" i yelped as i was lifted up. i looked down to see i was sitting on shoto's shoulders.

"we got dared to play chicken." he smirked.

i smirked back at him. "you know how to play chicken?" i giggled. "who are we against?"

"us." i looked over to see kirishima on bakugo's shoulders.

"and us!"

"us too!"

"don't forget us!"

i looked around to see sero and kaminari, uraraka and ashido, and midoriya and iida.

"oh, it's on!" i laughed as we all charged at each other.

[time skip brought to you by orange juice]

"everyone stay hydrated! it's hot out!" iida stated as he opened a cooler box, revealing a bunch of orange juice.

"thanks man!" kaminari thanked as he took one. we all thanked iida and sat down by the poolside.

i sat in between shoto's legs, our feet in the water. i leant back in his chest and sighed calmly. i closed my eyes as i felt the sun beaming on my skin. shoto chuckled softly and ruffled my hair gently.

"whoa!" kirishima exclaimed suddenly. i opened my eyes to see the pool water jumping around gracefully in different shapes. "what's happening to the water?" everyone gasped in awe.

"sorry..." i apologised nervously.

"you're doing that? that's amazing!" uraraka said surprised.

i smiled at her. "yea... my quirk does some weird things sometimes." i looked up at shoto to see a smirk plastered on his face. i stuck my tongue out at him playfully as iida stood up.

"alright everyone! i think we've had enough if a break! back go the pool!" he announced.

"hey iida, how about a race?" kirishima suggested.

iida nodded frantically. "great idea! everyone who wants to participate, line up!"

"i'll do the count down!" yaoyorozu exclaimed excitedly as she jumped up and down.

"you should do it." i said softly to shoto as we stood up.

"alright." he said sweetly as he kissed me gently. he walked over to the group of participating boys as i joined the others.

everyone began racing each other, most if them weren't even touching the water! right now, it was the last race. the three contestants were midoriya, shoto, and bakugo.

"on your marks..." momo started.

the three positioned themselves.

"get set..."

they looked ahead with determination.

"go!"

they all began launching into the water, only to fall into it with loud splashes. i laughed quietly then looked over to see aizawa staring at us.

"it's 5 o'clock. your training time is up." he stated monotone.

"oh come on shouta! it was getting to the good part!" i whined as i walked over to him and looked at him with begging eyes.

"no." he said sternly. his gaze travelled back to the others who had sad expressions on their faces. "everyone, go get changed. now."

everyone sighed as they began they way into the changing room. i walked into the stall i was changing in and began getting changed. i sighed softly at the scars on my back and i looked over my shoulder.

"i'm gonna have to tell them eventually..." i whispered quietly to myself. i locked eyes with myself in the mirror. "when i'm ready to."

kind of a non-important chapter but i wrote it anyway :3 i have nothing better to do but continuously update this story XD

1178 words