64. provisional hero license exam (one)

y/n's pov

after months of attending ua, the provisional hero license exam had finally arrived. i can't speak for everyone else, but i was exceptionally nervous. if i didn't pass this exam, i would be a failure to shoto, my parents, shouta, and myself. it was too pressurising.

now, outside the stadium awaiting the announcement to enter, the entire class had huddled together talking amongst themselves. i looked up at the large building and a brand new wave of unwanted nerves came across me, with a little company of determination.

"you alright?" shoto asked from beside me, noticing my off expression.

"yea, just a little nervous y'know?" i laughed, taking a deep breath.

"you'll be fine." he reassured as he nudged my shoulder with his. "i'm positive you'll get through." he gave me a warm smile, making my heart soar.

"we'll get through together." i smiled back at him.

"sure we will!" a new voice sounded from behind me, startling me out of my skin.

i turned around to see a tall boy with a beret like hat and fluffy scarf. "umm... hel-"

"inasa! you can't butt into people's conversation's like that!" a student from his presumed school scolded from afar.

inasa's eyes widened and immediately bowed. "i sincerely apologise!" he then smashed his head on the floor, making him bleed.

"oh my gosh! are you alright?" uraraka asked concerned as she neared him.

"they're from shiketsu high school." bakugo stated as he eyed inasa and his classmates behind him.

"aren't they on par with ua?" izuku questioned with a slight shake in his voice.

inasa stood up and faced us with a bright yet scary smile on his face. "i am so very excited to compete with you!" he expressed energetically. "i wish you all the best of luck!" as the students from shiketsu high left, i saw inasa send a glare towards shoto.

"that was inasa yoarashi." aizawa commented in front if the class, snapping me from my gaze from yoarashi. "he's a powerful contender. he took the same entrance exam as you, and came top score and passed. however, he declined the admission offer." he explained briefly.

"what?" i muttered.

'why would he decline?'

i could tell izuku was surprised by this as well. "he might be as powerful and todoroki." he commented, making shoto look at him questioningly.

"he's that powerful?" mineta questioned worriedly as he looked at shoto.

"why did he refuse the admission?" sero asked curiously.

"while yoarashi can be awkward, he has great strength. you should all be ca-"

aizawa's words were cut off by a jolly voice. "shouta aizawa? is that you?" i saw my uncle sigh as a lady with green hair approached him. "it is! it's been ages since we've seen each other last!" she laughed.

she then began making humorous jokes that my uncle did not find funny at all. it soon clicked that this was ms joke, the smile hero.

"you two seem very close." tsuyu commented as she looked at ms joke's constant butting aizawa on the shoulder.

"our workplaces were close to each other so we helped each other whenever we has trouble!" ms joke answered with a smile. "we're lovers!"

aizawa rolled his eyes. "we are not lovers." he stated coldly as he removed ms joke's arm from around his shoulder.