7. pk

todoroki's pov

[at lunch]

the lunch bell rang and everyone made their way to the cafeteria. we had done nothing in class since we got back after mr aizawa told us to leave them be. we were all worried about y/n and kept bugging him to see if she was okay, but all he did was say 'she's fine' which we all knew was a lie.

i decided to sit with uraraka, iida, and midoriya at lunch. they were worried about y/n... we all were. after we saw how sad she was, none of us were motivated to do work. even bakugo was slightly worried.

i remember seeing y/n's face as she ran out. she looked broken. i looked up at the sound of her name, hoping she had come in the cafeteria but she hadn't. there's this strange feeling that keeps cropping up whenever someone mentions y/n's name and i'm not sure why...

"why do you think happened?" uraraka asked midoriya worriedly.

"i-i'm not sure, but i don't believe was aizawa sensei is saying. she's obviously not fine..." he replied looking down at his food. we all nodded in agreement.

"we should go find her!" uraraka exclaimed standing up until i grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her down.

"i know we're all worried about her, but maybe she needs space..." i said quietly. uraraka nodded and looked down sadly.

"i just hope she's okay..." she said sadly.

"me too." i said quietly as i stood up suddenly feeling my throat closing up slightly.

"where are you going, todoroki?" midoriya asked.

"bathroom." i said monotone before walking out of the cafeteria and to the boys bathroom.

i made sure no one was in the bathroom before placing my hands on one of the sinks and looking into the mirror. my eyes were red and watery.

'what's happening to me?'

i sighed and grabbed a tissue as tears gently travelled down my pale cheeks.

'what are you doing to me y/n l/n?'

i heard the bell ring again, indicating to go back to the classroom. i took one more look in the mirror before exiting and making my way to the class.

i opened the door to see aizawa and a small figure looking down at her hands.

'y/n.'

"hey, are you okay?" i asked her as i walked over to her gently.

"y-yea... could be better, but i'm fine." she replied, looking up at me with a small smile. i nodded then sat in my seat at the back of the class.

'something happened, i just know it.'

soon, everyone came piling into the classroom.

y/n's pov

i sighed as the rest of the class came into the room. i laid my head in my hands as uraraka and midoriya came over to me.

"h-hey y/n. are you feeling better?" uraraka asked softly. i nodded slowly and looked up at her. she hugged me tightly before letting go and walking over to her seat.

i looked at midoriya who had worry in his eyes.

"i'm better now, don't worry izuku." i reassured. he gave me a small smile and a pat on the shoulder, then made his way to his seat.

"ahem. now that everyone's here, i have an announcement." aizawa started tiredly. this caused the whole class to look at him. "we are going on a training trip to the usj next week so prepare yourself."

the class erupted in excited screams that muffled into one big noise. i held my ears in annoyance until the voices quietened down.

"before we do so, everyone must think of hero names." aizawa continued. "for the rest of class you will come up and present your hero names to everyone. understood?" we all nodded.

"sir, are you going to be judging the names?" kirishima asked curiously.

"no, that's mi-"

"that's my job!" the door swung open to reveal none other than midnight.

"midnight!?" everyone exclaimed.

'of course they would get the 18+ hero to judge our hero names.'

i sighed with a smile on my face. midnight looked at me and winked so only i could see. i did a small thumbs up before she continued.

"i want your hero names to be unique! think carefully because these will be your hero name for your whole hero career!" she exclaimed proudly. "i'm here to say if your names are suitable or not! now go my little heroes!"

whilst she was handing out white boards and pens, i grabbed a board and pen for myself with my quirk. people had started going up and i was still stuck to choose a name.

'what would they want?'

i tapped the pen on my chin as multiple ideas popped into my head.

'i've got it.'

i stood up and went over to the front of the class. i turned around my board so everyone could see my board.

"pk: the psychic hero." i said shyly.

[pk is short for psychokinesis which is another word for telekinesis uwu]

"i love it!" midnight exclaimed as she pinched one of my cheeks.

"thanks..." i said quietly as i rubbed where she pinched my cheek. i sat back down in my seat thinking about my parents.

i 'hope you like the name mom, dad.'

i bit the bottom of my lip but concentrated on my classmates presenting their hero names.

[time skip to after school]

as i walked out of the school grounds, i saw todoroki standing alone in the rain. i sighed and went over to him.

"shoto, what are you doing out here alone?" i asked.

he jumped a little and looked at me. "just thinking." he said quietly.

"about what?"

"just some problems at home." his voice quivered slightly.

"i'm sorry..." i apologised sadly.

"it's okay, it's not your fault," he said softly. "wait- why aren't you wet?"

i giggled at his confused expression as i pointed to the top of my head. "telekinesis." i said quietly. he looked at me questioningly. "i'm diverting the rain with my quirk, shoto." i laughed a bit as he raised his finger to asked a question but kept quiet.

i used my quirk so that the rain wasn't fall on him too. "thanks." he said looking at me.

"wanna come over to my place? we can talk about it if you want..." i said nervously. "shouta- i mean aizawa will be home late tonight." i twiddled my thumbs together preparing for him to say no.

"that would be nice." i looked up at him to see him smiling softly at me.

"o-okay." i stuttered as we began walking to my house.

he coming over to the house ladz! the next chapter will be another non-show one but it's quite important for their relationship growth :3

1103 words