12. announcement

todoroki's pov

it was now thursday and although i have messaged y/n a lot since i left her on tuesday, i couldn't help but long to see her again.

my eyes were glued in the classroom door, just waiting to see the h/c haired girl. impatiently, i began twirling my fringe. the door opened yet again and my eyes widened once i saw who entered the room.

"y/n!" the class exclaimed excitedly.

"hey guys!" she said as she sat down in her seat.

'she's wearing her patch.'

"you seem happy today y/n!" midoriya exclaimed curiously with a smirk on his face.

"why have you become annoying?" bakugo grumbled with a minuscule smile on his face.

"well, i'm quiet around people i don't really know... so now i guess i've actually realised how close i am with you all?" she said nervously as she scratched the back of her neck.

"whatever extra." bakugo grumbled.

out of nowhere mr aizawa appeared in front of his desk, head-to-toe in bandages.

"hello class." he said tiredly.

"aizawa sensei! aren't you supposed to be resting?" ururaka asked worriedly.

"i'm fine." he said as he waved his hand at her. "now, i'm sorry to say that the fight isn't over yet." the class was silent before exploding into a frenzy of voices.

"more villains!?" mineta shouted terrified.

"no you idiot." aizawa grumbled. "the sports festival is approaching. use this special event to show what you're made of. the country's top pro heroes will be watching, so make sure ti get noticed to help you with your internships. you all better train your absolute hardest." he said bluntly. "now, talk for the rest of the lesson. i need a nap." he slid out of the classroom and shut the door behind him.

"i'm so excited for the sports festival!" sero shouted.

"yea! we have a chance to prove who we really are!" kirishima replied as he punched the air.

i looked over to y/n who didn't seem too excited. i decided to walk over to her.

"hey, you alright?" i asked.

"huh? oh- shoto! yea i'm fine." she said as she snapped out of her daydream-like state.

"you sure?" she looked at me and hesitated before speaking quietly.

"i'm just wondering if my parents are watching over me..." she whispered.

"i'm sure they are, y/n. i'm sure they're extremely proud as well." i reassured. she smiled at me then gave a confused gaze over my shoulder. i raised my eyebrow and looked where she was looking.

"I'M GONNA DO MY BEST!" uraraka exclaimed with a strange aura around her.

"yay..." midoriya, iida, and ashido replied confused.

"I SAID I'M GONNA DO MY BEST!" she exclaimed again, only to look this way.

"yay?" we replied, also extremely confused.

"umm, uraraka are you okay?" kirishima asked.

"yea... you're laid back aura has disappeared..." ashido stated with an awkward laugh.

[random time skip to when school finished]

we all began walking out of the classroom until we all came to a stop.