53. secrects should be kept secret

y/n's pov

"this was a bad idea." i hated to agree with him, but midoriya was right.

of course i knew that we, a bunch of sixteen year olds, probably shouldn't be out in an abandoned town that has been off limits for ages looking for well-known villains, but what choice did we have.

"i did say that i should go alone." i murmured as i looked around the deserted buildings. looking at my phone, i looked up at the pitch black sky. "they should be here."

bakugo grumbled. "how do you know that here is where they're gonna be?"

"the device held patterns that all linked to here. besides, this is where i was taken." i laughed slightly. "pretty cinematic right?"

uraraka sighed. "i'm getting creeped out at this place. why hasn't it been rebuilt?"

"i'm not actually sure." i said as i looked around. "it's been almost 10 years since the incident."

midoriya looked around, touching the rubble that surrounded the area. "how does shigiraki know you again?"

i sighed as i sat down on a piece of rubble. "believe it or not, he was my first friend." i felt myself smile a bit. "my family was rather close to his, so we spent a lot of time together." i paused as i began fiddling with my hands. "i don't remember correctly, but something happened with his parents so he left. the next time i saw him was when my parents were attacked."

"didn't he call you patch? why did he call you that if you had the patch after your parents." bakugo asked with a frown and quirked brow.

"i don't know." fact was, i did. i couldn't tell them though. even shoto didn't know about my whole life at the lab.

[flashback]

as i looked around, all i could see was a white ceiling and an empty room. standing up, i rushed to the door. "h-hello? is anyone there?" i banged on the door a few times but no one answered. "w-where am i?"

"you're in the quirk lab." a deep voice echoed through the room.

"why am i here? how did i get here!?" i yelled as tears fell down my small cheeks.

the door opened revealing a man in white. "we're here to make you stronger, y/n." he walked into the room slowly. "they hurt you, didn't they?" his fingers traced over the patch that covered my left eye.

i felt myself shiver under his cold touch. "who are you mister?"

a smile crept onto the man's face. "i'm doctor kashikoi."

...

"a friend is here to visit you." kashikoi said with a smile as he opened the door of my room.

"t-tomura?" i stuttered as the small, light blue haired boy approached me. i felt my gaze turn from shock to utter disgust. "what are you doing here? you helped them kill my parents!"

the boy flinched but held his cold aura. "i saved you from that crazy person cutting your other eyes out." he said bitterly. "i didn't think they'd kill them y/n. you have to believe me!"

my harsh gaze stayed, but i softened slightly. "how do you know you're not lying?"

his red eyes looked through my e/c one. "they were like parents to me also. i didn't want them to die."

soon, my eyes brimmed with tears as i felt all of the anger leave me. "t-they didn't deserve to die..."

his arms engulfed me in a hug. i noticed he lifted both his pinkies as he did so, though i didn't know why. "i'm sorry..." after a few moments, we broke the hug. "wanna explore this place with me, patch?"