32. blue smoke

this chapter might be slightly different to the story! sorryyyy

todoroki's pov

"here are the pairings!" pixie bob exclaimed excitedly as she showed everyone the tablet screen of the groups for the walk. sadly, i was not with y/n.

"i-i'm on my own?" i looked beside me to y/n who was muttering to herself.

i placed my hand on her shaking shoulder. "hey, you okay?" i asked concerned.

"why am i by myself?" she asked with a hint of worry.

i shrugged and looked over to aizawa. "i could ask if you could be with me and bakugo." i suggested. she nodded and held my hand as we walked over to him. "aizawa sensei, could y/n come in my group? she doesn't want to be alone."

he looked at me, then at y/n. "the groups were assigned for a reason." he said sternly. y/n let go of my hand and went over to him, whispering in his ear. i cocked my head in confusion. "fine. only because i care about you." he sighed as he looked at y/n.

"thanks shouta!" she said thankfully as she held my hand again. "let's go find bakugo." we walked around until we saw bakugo standing staring into the woods.

"bakugo?" i said, one of my eyebrows raising in slight confusion at his current stance.

he jumped ever so slightly at my sudden call and turned around to face us. "what do you want half'n'half?" he snarled,

"we were just looking to see where you were seeing as we're going on the walk in a bit." i explained.

"why the hell is your girlfriend here?" he growled, his eyes travelling to y/n.

"i'm in your group." she says nervously as she rubbed the back if her neck. bakugo tsked and averted his gaze back to the forest. "you seem distracted. are you alright?" she asked curiously as she saw bakugo's furrowed expression.

he turned back to us. "i just have this feeling that- you know what, never mind..." he walked towards the others in a huff.

"well that was weird." i remarked as we watched him walk away.

"i must agree that that is not how he usually acts." y/n added.

i turned to her. "what did you whisper to aizawa?" i asked suddenly, changing the subject completely.

y/n laughed slightly and looked down at her feet. "you'll think it's silly." she replied softly.

i lifted her chin with my finger so she was looking up at me. "i won't, i promise."

"well, you see... i-i'm scared of the dark... and being alone." she said embarrassed. "i guess it's because of the trauma i had as a child?" she rubbed her arm and locked eyes with me.

i embraced her into a tight hug. "i don't think it's silly. i will protect you from everything as best as i can." i reassured as i kissed her gently.

"thank you sho~" she hugged me tighter and buried her head into my chest. i ruffled her soft white hair, y/n giggling sweetly.

we began making my way towards the others, still basically attached to each other. some people had already gone into the walk, you could tell because screams then laughs were heard from inside the forest. however, with every scream, y/n tensed. i held her tightly as mandalay approached us telling us it was our turn.

"right kiddos! it's your time to shine!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"wait, where's-"

"i'm here." we turned around as y/n was i interrupted to see bakugo approaching us. "let's get this fucking over and done with already." he grumbled, then shoved my shoulder as he walked past me. i glared at him as we started walking.