57. tranquility

[mentions of triggering things! please read with caution!]

y/n's pov

"just after the summer break, we will be going to one of the new school arenas to do super move training so remember to bring your training uniforms." i looked up, stopping the pen that was preciously spinning in the air with the cause of my quirk. "this will help you all prepare for the provisional hero license exam that's placed in the next couple of weeks." aizawa scanned the class with a tired expression.

usually, aizawa would tell me things we'd be doing in the class unless it was something completely secret. so why didn't he tell me about this? of course, i couldn't ask him because he fell asleep as soon as he 'dismissed' class. i sighed deeply, laying my forehead on the desk.

ever since the dream, i had felt much more relaxed and determined about everything. the presence of both my parents caused me ease rather than unease, yet obviously i was curious as to why i dreamt about them. was it even a dream?

"you alright y/n?" i shook out of my thoughts, turning to midoriya who stood near uraraka's desk.

i smiled at him tiredly. "yea, i'm alright."

i looked down, suddenly feeling a sting in my eyes. soon, my eyes welled with tears.

'what the hell?'

"i-i'll be right back." i stuttered as i stood up, walking out of the classroom without sharing any glances.

i ran to the bathrooms, holding onto one of the sinks as soon as i stepped in. i looked deeply into my own eyes in the mirror, them still glossed over.

'why am i crying?'

i began thinking to what i was previously thinking. my parents? surely not. if i was alright? now that, i'm not sure.

the nightmares still visited of only a few nights ago, and hallucinations have become common things, but i'd gotten rather used to them. so why was i crying?

then it hit me.

"i wanted to jump." the tears found their way down my cheeks. i clitched my pearly white hair as i looked at the plug of the sink, breathing deeply. "i-i felt that way... i felt like i wanted t-to... t-to..." i couldn't find the words. i can fly and levitate so if need be, but just the thought of feeling that way... "what would everyone think of me...?"

the bell rang signalling lunch had finally arrived. i composed myself, wiping away the tears and outting on a smile as i made my way back to class, passing some of my classmates who put their thumbs up with nervous smiles. i nodded at them to show that i was okay... i can't worry them.

as i entered, i noticed aizawa had woken up. "why didn't you tell me about today's training?" i walked up to my uncle with a quirked brow.

"because otherwise you would have started the training before everyone else which would make you ahead." he looked up from the paperwork that laid on his desk. "i wanted everyone at the same level."

i shrugged. "fair point."

aizawa's eyes glanced behind me as shoto waked up to me. "how's therapy?" he asked as he flicked his gaze back to me.

"it's alright. it does help me so i guess that's a plus, right?" i laughed awkwardly. "seriously though, i'm fine. you know i'll talk to you about things if they're bothering me."

aizawa sighed. "i know." his gaze dropped back to the papers. "now go have lunch. i'm interested to see what moves you two come up with."

i smiled at him as i took shoto's hand. we walked out of the classroom towards the cafeteria in a comfortable silence. "were you crying before?"

'yes.'

"no. i just needed to check something." i smiled at him, though he saw straight through.

"don't hide things from me y/n." he said rather sternly as his grip on my hand tightened.

i bit my bottom lip to prevent the lump that was forming in my throat. "i was just thinking about my parents, nothing big. for now, we should focus on being around the people we love."

he looked at me slightly confused as i bounced towards uraraka and the rest of the group. "right..."

~

"this is going to be so fun!" midoriya exclaimed, fist bumping the air with a toothy smile.

i giggled at his childishness. "we're only going to a cafe for lunch, izuku."

he turned to me, still smiling. "i know!"

shoto chuckled. "it isn't an occasion the seven of us usually do." he noted as he looked around the walking group.

it was now the weekend and uraraka had decided to invite our group for lunch. for the longest time i have longed for this, but we never got round to it. despite my expression, i was beaming with uncontrollable excitement. it was also one of the rare occasions that yaoyorozu could be with us.

"it's seems amazing to hang out with you all finally!" yaoyorozu exclaimed.

"the dekusquad rocks!" uraraka beamed as she held her hand up with was holding tsuyu's.

"the d-dekusquad?" midoriya stammered.

i placed a hand on his shoulder. "you're the leader of the squad izuku." i smiled.

"b-but-"

"you deserve that title more than any of us, midoriya." iida stated.

slowly, izuku shrunk back as a blush appeared on his face. "thankyou guys!"

...

we sat down in the cafe that me and shoto had been to many times before. the main thing that caught my attention was the amount of nature still plastered around it - it was beautiful.

biting into my soba, i felt a smile tug my lips. my eyes softly grazed over the people sat around me, uraraka on my left snd shoto on my right. everyone spoke as a group, digging into the conversation with their individual knowledge and opinions.

i just sat there smiling.

just being here, sitting here with these people made my heart jump. the bad thoughts had temporarily left me alone, only new, happy memories forming filled my head as the minutes went by.

"y/n's done that!"

"i've done what now?" i said as i added another spoonful of soba in my mouth, quirking a brow at yaoyorozu.

"taken pictures of todoroki whilst he was asleep."

i choked. "uhh... i do not." i laughed as shoto glared at me.

uraraka swung her arm over my shoulder. "i remember when you were a bit out of it and you kept showing us picturrs of him!"

shoto smirked with raised eyebrows. "you did, huh?"

"y-you looked cute! how can i n-not take pictures of m-my boyfriend when he looks so cute!" i argued, folding my arms over my chest as my cheeks flushed red.

tsuyu and iida snickered and midoriya snorted as they noticed my clear embarrassment. "there's no reason to be embarrassed, y/n." izuku laughed. "uraraka and tsuyu do it too." he wiggled his eyebrows at my friend sitting next to me.

"tsuyu knows i do it!" uraraka pouted as she looked over at her girlfriend. "todoroki did not!"

i sighed with a laugh. "i hope you don't mind." i smiled at shoto nervously.

he kissed my nose gently. "it's alright snowflake." he smiled as he looked away with a pink hue dusting his cheeks. "i do it too."

i dropped my spoon. "you do!?"

aaaaah a kind of non-depressing chapter! i really wanted to elaborate a little of y/n's friendship and relationship with others so i found this chapter nice to write :)

also, we hit 8k today and my brain can't even process it XD thankyou guys soooooo much!!

1239 words