The one with the sleepover

4,790 words

Sophie woke up with her cheek covered in drool. She wiped it away on the back of her hands before rubbing her eyes warily, lazily pulling her blanket up to her neck, and rolling over.

Just as she closed her eyes Edaline yelled "You have 30 minutes to get ready Soph!" From downstairs.

Sophie sighed, knowing it was best not to be late for school. She opened her eyes and begrudgingly got out of bed. She felt the soft carpet under her feet, with occasional flower petals tickling her feet.

She went into her bathroom that was connected to her room and cringed when she stepped onto the cold marble floor as a chill ran through her body. Sophie grabbed her plush robe from its hanging spot behind her bathroom door and slipped it on. She used the bathroom and got ready quickly.

Sophie walked out of the bathroom after doing light makeup (consisting of only mascara and light lipgloss), brushing her teeth, and combing her hair.

She went over to her closet and opened it to see the right side full of dull school outfits. The middle had some regular clothes for everyday. Next to her everyday clothes on the left were outfits that were a bit more fancy for formal events. Tribunals, dinners, etc. Lastly, all the way to the left were comfortable clothes for weekends with friends. She opened a drawer in her dresser. It was full of Black Swan disguise outfits. The drawer to its left was full of pajamas. Sophie tried one more drawer under her pj drawer to find her old human clothes. She shut the drawer tiredly, needing an outfit fast.

Sophie went back to her closet and went through her school outfits. She simply picked out a white shirt with a maroon rose located on the top right corner of the shirt. It was half sleeved. Her pants were ordinary black leggings. She changed and threw her head back with a silent groan realizing she needed a cape. She snatched a black cape with a light maroon inside with a shimmer to match with her shirt.

Sophie went to her desk and opened the top right drawer and pulled a black velvet box out of it. She opened it and carefully pulled a pin out of it. But it wasn't just any pin. It was her family crest, it identified her as a part of the Ruewen family. Granted she was adopted, she was still had a crest. But Grady and Edaline had to decide whether or not to give her one because she wasn't blood related. But Sophie loved her family, especially because Grady and Edaline took her in as their own daughter. They'd do anything for her, as Sophie would for them and she loved them very much.

Sophie clipped it on carefully. She ran her fingers over the engravings on it. It was a white dove carrying a red rose in its claws. She looked over her outfit in the body view mirror before snatched her backpack off of her desk chair putting her shoes on and speeding down the stairs.

She saw Edaline in the kitchen. Her back to Sophie while she was making something. Edaline turned around, hearing footsteps. She saw Sophie and smiled.

"Don't you look pretty today?" Sophie asked with a questioning smile as she sat down at the white marble kitchen table.

"Why thank you." Edaline smiled. She was wearing an aquamarine dress, matching her eyes, with diamonds patterned all over it. It was summer time, so the dress was up to her knees in the front and to the heel of her feet in the back. It was silky and flowed in the breeze.

"Are you going somewhere?" Sophie asked as Edaline went back to the counter she was at to get Sophie's breakfast.

"Did you forget? We're all going." Edaline said as she turned around with a plate of some sort of sandwiches.

"You're going to school with me?" Sophie asked confusedly as Edaline sat down on the chair next to her at the breakfast table and set the plate down.