The one with Ethan, Emma, and Ella

Tam stared back.

"She made eye contact with me!" Tam transmitted startledly to Sophie.

"How?!" Sophie exclaimed telepathically.

"No idea." Tam shook his head unbelievingly, still holding the girls' eye contact. "Wait." Tam realized something.

"What?" Sophie transmitted.

"She must be a shade." Tam thought carefully.

"How do you know?" Sophie asked him.

"Because. RJ said: they're almost as powerful as us." Tam thought back a few moments. "when I started becoming a more powerful shade I started becoming able to do things any other shade can't. Like now I can see other shades when their covering themselves with their shadows."

"But you're 19. And the most powerful shade in the Lost Cities." Sophie told him."She's only 14. With five years less of experience, how can she be that powerful?" Sophie asked him confusedly.

"I dunno. Maybe she's not a shade. Transmit to her and ask her simple questions?" Tam told her. "Ask her their names, how to get out, info about any obstacles we might have to face while escaping, ability and stuff." Tam told her.

"Okay hold on. I'm gonna disconnect from you now." Sophie transmitted to him.

Sophie disconnected her mind from Tams'. She was going to transmit to the girl staring at Tam but she had already broken eye contact from him and seemed shy. Sophie didn't think she could get any information from her. Sophie looked at her twin, the tough one who snapped back to RJ.

The girl was taking a necklace out of her pocket. Sophie watched as she looked at the necklace with a cold, hard face before putting it around her neck and clipping it on.

Sophie instead reached out to this twin instead. Sophie stretched her mind out only to that girl and made sure to keep away from RJ and Katherine. Just as Sophie was about to enter the girls' mind she hit a barrier.

The girl's eyes snapped up, searching for whoever was trying to breach her mind.

Sophie narrowed her eyes. Since Sophie was the most powerful and talented telepath to exist, she never hit barriers when connecting to someone's mind.

Sophie connected to Tams' mind instead.

"What info did you get?" He transmitted to her eagerly.

"I decided to connect to the other twins' mind. But she had an unusually strong barrier up." Sophie frowned confusedly.

"Unusually strong barrier?" Tam asked her confusedly. "Is she a telepath?"

"Definitely." Sophie confirmed.

"Can you get past her?" Tam asked her.

"Yeah but I don't think I've ever encountered a barrier this strong besides Gethens. With every single other mind I connect to I get in swiftly without any barrier stopping me. Kinda surprised I was just stopped by a fourteen year old." Sophie thought with a confused smile.

The Neverseen were still their enemy four years later.

"Really? Wow." Tam thought.

"I'm gonna disconnect and try again. Report what I told you to Fitz or Forkle until then." Sophie transmitted.

Sophie cut the connection from Tam and her minds' off after that. She reached her mind out to the twin again. With an almost effortless push of energy, Sophie was into her mind.