The one with the broken pieces

The next day the boys left after very sad and tearful goodbyes from Emma and lily, and their parents.

"We'll miss you both so much." Sophie cried into Cole's shoulder as she hugged him. Dylan hugged her from behind.

The boys cried softly as she wept into their shoulders. They were standing outside their home in the grassy hills at 4 am. Emma and lily had said their goodbyes very tearfully before fitz and Tam took their sobbing daughters home.

Biana and linh were standing by, waiting to say goodbye. Keefe walked over with tears in his eyes joined the group hug the twins and Sophie were in.

After they let go the boys stepped back, wiping their eyes. Keefe wrapped his arms around Sophie's waist, she turned in his arms and cried into his chest. They held each other tightly. Keefe leant down as a tear slipped down his cheek and pressed his lips against Sophie's forehead.

Cole and Dylan watched sadly. They felt horrible for making their mother that upset.

"Take her inside." Linh put a hand on keefe's back supportively.

Keefe nodded. "Thanks." He whispered as he put his hands under Sophie's backside and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around him, and her arms around his neck, shaking as she cried into his shoulder. He went inside and took her upstairs to their room since it was only 4:10 am.

Biana walked over to Dylan and hugged him as linh went over and hugged Cole.

Both girls cried softly into the boys' shoulders. The twins hugged them tighter.

"We're gonna miss you two so much." Biana whispered as she pulled back with tears in her eyes to look at the twins.

"Hurry back soon." Linh pulled back with tears red eyes to also look at them.

The boys nodded, wiping their tears.

"And we love you." Linh whispered as she cupped Cole's right cheek and pressed her lips against his left cheek.

"Remember that we're always here for you, you were given communication devices that go directly to the 6 of us." Biana reminded them before placing a kiss on Dylan's cheek.

"Goodbye." Both girls whispered.

Cole and Dylan glittered away to the neverseen.

But not before giving each other a hug before changing their lives forever.

Keefe's point of view

I took Sophie upstairs as she still cried into my chest. I walked into our room, closing the door behind me. I walked to our bed and sat down on it. Sophie stayed in my lap, heaving sobs into my chest for her boys that have left us, risking their lives to save the world.

I let her soak my shirt up with tears, stroking her hair lovingly. After almost 40 minutes of me sitting there with Sophie in my lap and she pulled away, hiccuping and sniffling.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do." She hiccuped, trying to stop herself from crying.

"We're going to get through this." I whispered, tearing up myself as Sophie grabbed my face and kissed me roughly. I kissed back, she needed a distraction. We kissed roughly for a few minutes and she had pushed me down, sitting on my stomach as we kissed. She started pulling away, breaking down. I opened my eyes as she started crying again into my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her back as she let it all out. We layed there in bed, I pulled the blanket to our shoulders, still holding her as she sobbed furiously into my shoulder.

Half and hour later she fell asleep. I wiped the tears on her cheeks and pulled her close.

Maybe if I held her tight enough,

her broken pieces would stay together.