The one with the letter

That night after Biana put emma to sleep.

"Finally!" Biana whisper-exclaimed. "She's asleep!" As she set emma down gently in her crib and put the blanket over her.

Just as Biana turned around an arm wrapped around her waist and picked her up.

"Oh hello?" Biana giggled softly.

"Hi." Tam smiled down at her as he leant down slightly and kissed her softly.

Meanwhile.

Linh was holding lily tiredly in her arms, sitting on the couch.

"Well aren't you the sweetest most kindest elf there ever was?" Linh asked sarcastically as lily started crying.

"Hey you need help?" Fitz asked her from his work desk.

"Immediately ." Linh nodded.

Fitz chuckled as he came over and took lily from linhs arms and rocked her peacefully. He swayed from side to side while standing in front of Linh.

Almost a minute later lily fell asleep.

"Thank you sweets." Linh leant over and pecked Fitz lips.

Meanwhile

As Sophie finished up feeding Dylan, Keefe rocked Cole asleep.

He gently set down cole in his crib after he fell asleep.

"Here you are." Sophie smiled at Keefe as she handed him Dylan.

Keefe set down the drowsy baby in his crib next to coles'. "Don't wake your brother." Keefe smiled down at Dylan as he shifted in his crib.

Keefe went and sat down next to Sophie on the couch.

They sat quiet and exhaustedly. "So those two are a handful." Sophie sighed.

"Definitely." Keefe agreed.

"I really need something to help me relax." Sophie ribbed at her temples with her eyes closed.

Keefe turned to Sophie on his left and pressed his lips against hers. Sophie closed her eyes, pressing her lips back. She moved to sit on his lap, playing with the hair on the nape of his neck and one hand on his chest. Sophie pulled Keefe by his shirt collar to lay on her as they kissed on the couch. As Sophie started to unbutton his shirt he put his hands on Sophie's.

She pulled her lips away and looked at him confusedly.

"We can't do this right now." He whispered.

"...why?" She asked confusedly.

"The twins are watching." He said softly with a slightly goofy smile.

Sophie rolled her eyes as she got up with a smile.

A month later sophie got a letter in the mail.

Dear Sophie and Keefe Sencen,

We are honored to invite you both to a public ceremony. This ceremony is being held at Atlantis for the twin boys Sophie has birthed on October 9, 6002. We hope you will attend our naming and celebration ceremony for your boys.

Best wishes,
The Council

Sophie was very confused about this letter.

"Hey Keefe?" She called as she went downstairs to where he was sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Yeah?" He answered as she reached the end of the stairs.

"We got a letter from the council and I have no idea what they're taking about." Sophie said as she went to the couch he was sitting on.

"What's it about?" Keefe looked away from his show to look at her.

"I dunno." Sophie said as she waved the papers in his face.

Keefe took the paper and read it as Sophie sat in front of him on the coffee table.

"Oh this." Keefe nodded, recognizing it immediately. "So basically, if a family who is very important to the council has a child, the child's birth becomes celebrated a month and a half after they're born." Keefe explained. Sophie nodded, acknowledging her almost 2 month old boys.

"So whats a 'naming ceremony?" Sophie read the paper confusedly.

"That's where the child gets awarded by the council with something. If the baby is a girl, they either get a bracelet made out of the very special gold that only councilors have in their headpieces. Or she can have her ears pierced with earrings, with the same very special metal only worn by the councilors." Keefe told her. "We get to choose what our child gets."

"I don't think the boys need bracelets. And definitely not their ears pierced." Sophie shut the idea down.

Keefe cracked a smile at that. "of course not." he chuckled. "If a family has a baby boy, or in our cases boyS, they each get a fairy godmother from the council." Keefe explained.

"But fairy godmothers are only for if the parents die. And with our elven lifespans, I really don't think there's much need of a godmother." Sophie told him.

Keefe cocked his head confusedly at that.

"I think elves and humans have different definitions to the word godmother." He told her, very confusedly. "Godmothers in the elven world are like...second mothers. They basically raise your child for you." Keefe told her.

"I don't want anyone raising the boys." Sophie pouted. "We had them to raise them!"

"No no." He laughed. "Godmothers are... substitute mothers. If the boys need something at school and we're not available, godmother will do it. If they get hurt or something and we're not there, godmother." Keefe said the last word with a goofy angelic voice.

Sophie smiled. "I like that." She told him as she got up at sat to his left.

"But what about when we're gonna for black swan work? We're usually gone for a month or three at a time for each mission. Which is about two missions a year- 6 months maximum a year. Which is half a year we can't raise our kids! Who's gonna take care of them? We can't have a babysitter because they'll surely question why we're out for such long periods of time. And what if we can't trust the babysitter? What if they take our kids? So who'll do the job?" Sophie rambled as Keefe smirked to himself and swung an arm around Sophie's shoulders.

Sophie watched confusedly as he leant down low to her ear.

"Gooodddmotherrr." He sang.

Sophie looked up a second later with a smile.

"So we can choose between anyone in the council?" She asked.

Keefe nodded.

"How about oralie?" She asked.

"Sure. We need one for each though." Keefe told her.

"Actually why don't we just have one. Oralie we trust. And she can't have children because she's a councilor." Sophie said softly. "I think she'll love to raise the boys."

Keefe looked at her. He slowly nodded. "Sure." He smiled down at her.

Sophie leant up and gave him a kiss.