The one with the hours

Cole's pov
A few months later

Lily was so close to her due date. This was nerve wracking but exciting for me. I was nervous because the doctors said that since she had surgery to get pregnant, labor would be painful for her and I don't know how that will go. But I was excited because I knew that we'd have our baby in the end. She was 10 months and 3 weeks pregnant and had 2 days until her due date.

Lily was reading a book right now, her mood switching from good to demonic every 10 minutes due to her lovely and fantastic hormones. That was me being sarcastic, if you didn't catch it.

She was sitting next to me, reading a twilight book for probably the 90th time. Every few minutes she would get distracted by something in the book and start rambling about something totally useless to me. Honestly, I'm just tryna watch the football game on tv and tune her out.

Right now she was happy, going on and on about how being pregnant had it's perks.

"-so now my boobs touch my stomach!" She came to the conclusion, removing the book she had resting on her stomach to show me her well formed chest resting on her larger stomach.

I rolled my eyes when I knew she wasn't looking at me. She looked up then and I flashed her a wide, fake excited smile.

"Wow that's so cool!" I exclaimed, just to make sure she thought I had been listening.

"I know!" She squealed, reading her book then.

I watched the football game until lily reached over and quickly grabbed me. I looked down, confused when I saw her hand gripping a fistful of my shirt.

"Cole." She whispered, tugging on my shirt.

"Umm yeah?" I asked, looking up to see her staring down at her stomach, placing her other hand under it.

"I... I think my water just broke?" She whispered, unsure as her chest rose and fell quickly.

"Your what?" My eyes widened, staring at her.

She started hyperventilating, muttering random stuff about how she was two days early and how she's not ready. Holy shit. Lily's about to have our baby. We've been waiting eleven whole months for this... and the time is finally here!

"Cole?" Lily asked quickly, looking up at me with wide eyes.

I was speechless as she called my name over and over again.

"Cole... Cole?... Cole!" She screeched as my mouth flailed, my voice seeming to have disappeared.

"Yes yes yes!!" I yelled back, quickly standing up and rushing to get my pathfinder.

"I'm not ready Cole!" She panted, scared, as I ran back from the kitchen with my pathfinder.

I ran to the couch, my heart beating quickly as I crouched to her level on the couch.

"I can't do this Cole! What the hell were we thinking?! I'm not ready for a baby!" She wailed, her eyes tearing as she breathed heavily from fear.

I put my hands on her face, cupping gently as I leaned in. I quickly inflicted calming emotions as much as I could, obscuring her fear in a blanket of faint yellow, happy, calm waves.

She finally stopped freaking out as I kissed her forehead.

"You're gonna be okay. Let's go love." I whispered before picking her up.

I went outside and used my pathfinder to create a portal to the hospital Elwin and doctor hale worked at. As I wrapped my concentration around lily and the baby my mind trailed back to thinking about something lily said...