The one with the mistake

The next 5 months went fast. Everyone waiting impatiently for the next 2 months for the twins to get home. Emma and lily were so distraught over the twins leaving that the first month they were gone they didn't even attend school. Once they got back on track with their normal routines without the boys, they ended up being okay. They got back to normal during the 3rd month they were gone. The girls had stayed loyal to their boyfriends, not cheating in any way. The twins didn't cheat either of course. Sophie had gotten back to normal a bit after the 3rd month they were gone with the help of fitz and tam seeing her almost every day.

It was one evening that changed Sophie and keefe's life forever during the fourth month the twins were gone.

Let's go back to that evening a month ago.

Keefe's point of view

Sophie and I were sitting on our bed, kissing softly. Sophie had pulled me by the collar to lay on her across the bed. I happily did as commanded. I kissed down her neck gently, biting down on the sensitive area where her neck and shoulder met. She moaned my name in my ear as she unbuttoned my shirt. I flipped us over so she could lay under me before she pulled off her shirt. I leant down and kissed her collarbone and chest softly before she put her fingers under my face, tilted it upwards, and pressed her lips against mine. I pressed down into her and she gripped the sheets tightly.

We've been having a lot of these nights since the twins left. I'd been doing it for Sophie's benefit, it seemed to help her relax because for the next week she'd be calm before we'd have to repeat the procedure.

I couldn't blame her, she's been emotionally unstable since she was 12. It's not like she's crazy or bipolar or emo, but how could you expect her to be perfectly fine after the life she's lived. Reading minds since 5 years old. Finding out she's an elf because of Alden. Fitz bringing her here. Having no parents and having to give up her human family. Being under the councils watch for years because she has 5 abilities. The amount of tribunals we've been to were the same, but mine were for pranking and hers for her abilities. The ability restrictor Dex made and council put on her. The neverseen hunting her down and kidnapping her. Becoming apart of edaline and gradys family. Having to deal with forkle dying. Then his twin reveals himself. Becoming apart of the black swan.

And I was the only thing keeping her sane. She told me this often lately. But I knew without her even saving it.

Sophie's point of view.

Keefe was the only thing keeping me from going crazy. And he knew it. He was a medicine made only for me. One powerful dose like the night we were about to have would keep me okay for the week. Before needing another dose. He's been keeping me sane since we were 13. But we've excelled from kisses when we were 13 to this as my doses now that we were older and could actually do it.

People would often say we were made for each other.

And we couldn't deny it.

Like neither of us could we deny the night before us.

Present day, a month later. Month 5.

Keefe's point of view

This evening we had dinner and were sitting around at home. It was around 8:45pm. I was in the living room watching tv, slouched against the armrest, sprawled across the couch. Sophie was sitting in my lap in between my legs, leaning against my chest and I had my hands on her stomach loosely from behind with her hands on top of mine.

I watched as she got up from my lap. "Where are you going?" I asked her as I let go of her.

I watched her walk to the kitchen. She had on black cotton shorts. She had on a white, slightly see through, tightish long sleeve shirt. I could see her top undergarment through her shirt and the neckline was exposing her right side of the cotton navy blue garment. I was wearing a loose grey shirt with shorts also.