The one with the promise

Lily's pov

Cole and I were in the bathroom three days after finding out Emma was pregnant. It was evening time and Cole had lifted me to sit on the counter through soft yet passionate kisses. He was standing in between my legs that were hanging off the counter. I had my arms locked around his waist. He had a hand on my lower hip and one tangled in my hair.

"Cole?" I panted from all the kissing.

He pulled away, looking up at the mention of his name. His lips snatched mine again for a long moment. I put a gentle hand on either side of his face, pulling him away.

"Babe, we need to talk." I told him.

" 'Bout what?" He asked me, the slightest bit confused.

"Three days ago." I looked at him expectingly

His dark ice blue and gold flecked eyes stared back at me so clearly I could almost see my reflection on them.

"What about three days ago?" He asked me slowly, narrowing his eyes slightly.

I peered at him, wondering how to word my next sentence.

"The way you acted three days ago." I told him slowly, looking back and forth from his eyes.

"I thought I was a pretty good gentleman on our date that night." He flashed a crooked smile that he knew I loved as he dodged my question.

"Not that." I let go of his face and put my hands on his arms.

"Then I don't know what you're talking about." He sniffed, looking away.

"Okay." I sighed. I looked up at him with hard eyes. I felt the need to soften under his innocent gaze, but I held strong. "The way you and Dylan fought was unbelievably bad that day." I told him, getting to the point.

His innocent eyes turned hard under my glare.

"And I want you to go apologize to your brother the next time you see him today." I demanded.

He grit his teeth so hard that I thought I heard his teeth snap together.

"I am not apologizing to him after he started the fight." He clenched his jaw. I could tell he was furious, but he was keeping his voice gentle with me.

I always loved him for that little thing he had with me. No matter how angry he got, he never ever talked to me wrong or even raised his voice at me. It was one of those qualities I admired so much in him.

"He had every right to fight with you." I snapped and he flinched. It was one of those hard situations where Cole was my boyfriend but Dylan was my best guy friend- basically my brother. And sometimes I couldn't side with the love of my life because my best friend in the whole world was basically him! Why did they have to be exactly the same? My thoughts whined.

"His girlfriend wasn't telling him why she was feeling so sick. And since you were the only one to answer him, besides Emma, he had every right to act like that."

He looked away from me, glaring hard at the smooth, shiny, marble floor of his bathroom. He looked like he was angry with the floor with how he was glaring down at it. I almost expected him to shoot lasers from his eyes at the ground.