The one with the stress

3971 words

"Keefeandiaredating." Sophie said very quickly with her eyes closed.

When she didn't hear a response she peeked one eye open.

She saw Biana staring at her, her face confused her mouth gaping open, with her mind flooding with a thousand questions. Then she slowly broke out into a small smile and then a giggle. A chuckle. And then a howling laugh she couldn't control.

Sophie gave her a bewildered look as Biana laughed so hard she had to clutch her stomach.

"You almost got me there!" She gasped for air with a goofy smile. "That's a great prank, I'm impressed you took it that far." She giggled.

She leant back on her bed headboard as she caught her breath from laughing so hard.

"Imagine though?! You liking Keefe. Keefe? Our childhood friend for years now!" She thought out loud, not looking at her. "I wonder if he'd be a good boyfriend. Probably. But just imagine you and him!" She exclaimed and laughed. She looked at Sophie and her laughs died when she didn't see Sophie laughing or agreeing with her.

Biana's eyes went wide with realization as she watched Sophie flush bright pink.

"Y-you- You're? You l-like h-hi-him? but? You- y-y-you are pranking me right? Y-you're joking..." Biana stuttered confusedly.

"It's not really a prank if I'm not joking, is it?" Sophie smiled as she flushed.

Sophie let Biana utter nonsense for a minute or so.

"Wait!" Biana exclaimed as she quickly sat up. "You like keefe?" She asked.

"Um yeah." Sophie giggled.

"You like like him? Like you'd kiss keefe?" She asked quickly.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yesssss! I like like him." Sophie mimicked her. "And to your second question: yes, I have, and I liked it."

Sophie flushed when biana's mouth gaped open.

"But doesn't that ruin your friendship? Like being best friends for seven years and then just suddenly changing that?" Biana asked softly.

"No it doesn't." Sophie thought. "If anything, it'll bring us closer." She said gently.

Biana looked confusedly at her.

Then she squealed.

"You guys are SO cute together!" She beamed. "wait you liked his kiss? Was it good? Is he gentle and sweet? Does he hold you delicately? Does he tease you in a cute way couples do to each other?" Biana's mouth ran questions out like a never ending waterfall.

"To answer your questions in order." Sophie took a deep breath. "Yes I liked it. It was great. Yes he's gentle and sweet. He does. And lastly, he teases everyone, but yeah he does some cute stuff. Anything else Miss.Nosey?" Sophie raised her eyebrows with a smirk and her best friend.

"No. Oh wait. When are you going to tell everyone?" She asked.

"I don't know. I don't want to tell everyone and be the center of attention right now because mom and dad don't even know." Sophie thought.

"Whyyyyyy? The whole point of being a couple is to kiss and whole hands and hug in public!" Biana pouted.

"But I don't want mom and dad to find out I'm dating keefe through anyone except me." Sophie explained. "Especially dad." Sophie smirked.

"You dating keefe is not gonna go over well with Grady." Biana snickered.

Sophie nodded with a laugh.