The one with the dying

A week later
Emma's pov

It was around 9:31pm at night. I was sitting in my room with Dylan. The curtains in our room were shut so our room was dim with only the tv screen light brightening the room just enough to see.

Dylan was sitting against the headboard with me sitting on his lap. He had pulled me to sit facing him, my arms around his neck with my legs wrapped around his waist. I was only two and a half months pregnant so my baby bump still wasn't very defined or noticeable. Dylan had his hands on my body, as always. One running through my hair and one on my side, rubbing gently from under my shirt.

I was wearing a silk camisole with small shorts. Dylan was wearing soft shorts and a thin grey shirt. We were making out lightly, not too intimately. He kept kissing my lips while I ran my hands up his back to his hair, playing with it.

After a bit I kissed him back, pressing my lips into his. A while of this lasted until someone opened our room door.

"Daddy!!" My six year old daughter's voice sang as she came into our room.

Dylan and I jumped in surprise, pulling away abruptly. I sighed, closing my eyes as Dylan looked at the clock and groaned.

"Rose it's 10:48 at night, why the hell are you still awake?" Dylan whined, setting his hands on my hips and rubbing gently.

"Cartoons awre comin'n on shoon!" She exclaimed, sitting beside Dylan against the headboard.

"Actually, it's your bedtime...or it was an hour and 48 minutes ago." I sighed the last part while looking at her.

Rose flushed pink, smiling nervously at Dylan and I.

"Can you shleep wifth me?" She asked Dylan with puppy dog eyes, putting a hand on his lightly muscled upper arm and shaking him a bit.

Dylan nodded eventually before giving rose a strange look. He looked down at the hand she had on his arm and his eyes went wide. I looked down in confusion when his eyebrows flew up.

Something was glinting on rose's tiny finger.

My lost wedding ring.

"Rosalie!" Dylan and I exclaimed at the same time.

"What?" Rose asked us, confused.

Dylan gently grabbed rose's tiny hand off his arm, holding it up for him and I to see clearly. We both inspected the ring on her finger, making sure it was mine. Dylan and I both looked up at stared at each other then.

"Where did you get this ring?" Dylan looked at her as he took my right hand.

"Ummm I was downstaiwrs in the liwing room and the rwing was on the couch." Rose shrugged, taking it off roughly.

"Careful." I told her with a concerned face as Dylan cringed, watching her tug the immensely precious and expensive ring off her finger.

"That's mommy's ring baby." Dylan told her gently as he took his black wedding ring back from my hand, slipping it onto his right ring finger.

"But I want it." Rose frowned as she begrudgingly dropped the ring into Dylan's awaiting palm.

"I'll buy you your own ring love." Dylan smiled at her as he slid my ring onto my finger.