The one where they say goodbye... for a while

Today was the day the twins were coming home. It was 6:30pm and Emma, lily, Sophie, and keefe were waiting for them at moonshine.

Fitz, Biana, tam, and linh were attending to black swan work.

They were all sitting on the couch, talking and waiting.

They heard bags drop onto the floor.

"Honey?" A voice called loudly.

"I'm homeee!" The same voice, slightly different, called cheerfully.

Everyone whipped around to see Cole and Dylan standing there. They were taller, more handsome. They had their hair swooped back messily as a new hairstyle, and cut a tad shorter. It wasn't the same straight long bangs they had swooped across their foreheads. It was like keefe's hairstyle but straighter. They're dark ice blue eyes excited with huge smiles on their faces.

"COLE?!" Lily screamed, standing up and running to him.

"DYLAN?!" Emma screamed as she ran to Dylan.

Cole and Dylan looked confused as the wrong girls hugged them. Lily grabbed Dylan in a hug and Emma snatched Cole into a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much." Lily teared into Dylan's shoulder.

Emma nodded in agreement. "You're never leaving me again." She teared against Cole's shoulder.

Both boys threw each other odd looks, wondering why each other's girlfriends were on them.

Then, all of a sudden, both girls pulled back and kissed the boy they were hugging.

Cole stood there, jaw open, watching in shock as lily gave Dylan a soft, long kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Dylan stood still, eyes wide, watching Emma give Cole small kisses on his bottom lip and held his face gently.

Dylan and Cole stared at each other and then their girls.

Keefe watched with wide eyes and an amused smile, mouth hanging open. Keefe knew the girls were kissing the wrong twins. Sophie was confused as to why her sons weren't kissing back because she had also confused them like Emma and lily.

Emma pulled away to glare up at Cole annoyedly. "Hello?" She waved a hand in front of his eyes, breaking Cole's eye contact with Dylan.

Cole's eyes snapped down at her.

Lily slowly pulled away, giving Dylan an strange and irritated look.

"Geez. You could at least give me a peck." She glared up at Dylan.

Dylan stared at her.

"What's wrong with you two?" Sophie asked the twins. "Is it really so hard to give your girlfriends a kiss after 7 months?"

Cole and Dylan gaped each other.

"Emma?" Cole looked at her. "I'm Cole." He told her in a slow voice, so she could understand, as he pulled his face out of her grip gently.

Cole watched Emma's mad face melt into a shocked one.

"And lils?" Dylan looked at lily. "I'm Dylan." He told her as he delicately pulled her arms off of his neck. Lily's annoyed face changed to express a stunned expression.

"W-what?!" Lily stuttered.

Both girls tried to form sentences.

"Y-you- wait... I, but- y-you, wait-" Emma couldn't make a sentence, pointing back and forth at them.

"I can't believe you just kissed my brother." Cole groaned.

The girls gaped at each other.

"Yeah my girl kissing my twin isn't the best welcome back present." Dylan sighed teasingly, knowing it was a mistake.

The girls' jaws fell open while staring at each other.

"I'm sorry!" They exclaimed at the same time for kissing each others' boyfriends. "I didn't mean to!" Emma exclaimed apologetically. Lily nodded quickly. "Me neither, it was an accident." Lily added, sorry.

They quickly switched boys as Keefe erupted into a fit of hysterical laughter, rolling on the ground.

When he rolled onto Sophie's foot she grumbled and kiddingly kicked him away. He accidentally gripped her dress and made her fall. Sophie went tumbling onto Keefe on the floor but he caught her.

Everyone watched Sophie laying on Keefe, both quietly staring at each other. Before Keefe wrapped his arms around her waist and started laughing harder than before.

Sophie eventually laughed along with him.

The girls quickly switched boys.

"I'm so sorry!" Lily whined to Cole as she hugged him as tight as she could.

"Me too, I didn't know." Emma grabbed Dylan in a hug before pecking an apologetic kiss on his cheek.

"It's okay." Cole hugged lily back tightly, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"It's not your fault that you couldn't resist our handsome charm." Dylan teased as he hugged Emma.

They stood there hugging for a long time, not awkward, but peaceful.

Cole and Dylan glanced at each other, still hugging the girls, when they heard them both sniffling.

The looked up at their parents.

They both gave them a soft nod.

Sophie connected them telepathically. "Your father and I are leaving for 8 months." Sophie transmitted with a smile at her sons while they were still hugging.

"Why?" Cole transmitted, using his own telepathy.

"Why are you leaving for so long?" Dylan asked at the same time, also using his own telepathy because him Sophie and Cole were telepaths.

"You two need alone time with Emma and lily. They were very emotionally and mentally... disturbed... after you two left..." Sophie told them sadly.

"So soph and I are going on a vacation for 8 months with tam, fitz, linh, and Biana, we all thought you guys needed the space... so, it will be only you four in this house for almost a year." Keefe told them with a soft smile. "And also," Keefe started, putting his hands on Sophie's stomach from behind her. "Sophie's having a baby."

Cole and Dylan looked at each other, excited.

"REALLY?!" The twins screamed at the same time.

Sophie and keefe nodded.

"So part of the reason why we're leaving is so we can have a stress free pregnancy." Sophie shrugged with a sheepish smile.

"Thanks guys- congrats." Cole thanked them, Lily still hugging him.

"Yeah- thanks, congratulations, we love you." Dylan smiled gratefully from Emma's hug.

Sophie and keefe smiled with a nod.

"Goodbye for a while... we love you." Sophie blew them a kiss.

"Goodbye, we'll miss you everyday." Keefe smiles widely at them.

"Have fun... being pregnant?" Cole asked with a confused smile.

"We will. And I promise we'll be back before the baby's born." Keefe promised.

They said their goodbyes telepathically and left.