The one with the dinner

A month later.

Cole and Dylan were in their rooms. Cole doing homework and Dylan messing around on FaceTime with lily because cole was too busy to talk or hang out with her.

"Boys! Dinner!" Oralie yelled up the stairs. She's been living with them for 3 weeks now. Sophie and keefe were off with the black swan, perfecting the plan for sending the twins to be with the neverseen for 7 or more months for information.

Dylan and Cole stopped what they were doing. When Cole was coming out of his room, Dylan was coming out from his door across the hall. Dylan reached over and lightly hit the back of coles head.

"Nerd!" He said loudly with a smile as he turned to run.

Cole turned angrily. He ran after his brother. Dylan ran quickly down the stairs. Oralie let out a frustrated sigh as she saw them running down the long glittering staircase. They often were reckless around the expensive, delicate, glass house since they were born. And it scared her when they were younger, but she learned to just let them do it, if it wouldn't result to a major injury.

"Dylan!" Cole yelled, running down the stairs after his brother with a furious face.

Dylan laughed, the sound echoing mockingly through the house.

Just then at the almost end, but not quite, of the staircase Dylan tripped. His and his brothers eyes went wide as he started to fly off the staircase.

"Dyl!" Cole called in horror as he held out his hand.

Oralie turned, she also held out a hand. Just as Dylan hit the floor Oralie and Cole, unintentionally, both used their telekinesis to hold Dylan up.

Dylan's face was scrunched, braced for the fall. He peeked open an eye when he didn't hit the ground. He was floating inches from it.

He looked up at them through his long dirty blond hair in his eyes. Oralie let go of her telekinetic grip, knowing Cole was holding him, as she turned with an annoyed huff.

Cole let go of dylan, letting him softly hit the floor but not too hard because they had just recovered from the bad injuries they received from Brant, Gethan, and Gisela.

"That's what you get." Cole gave his brother a smug smirk on the floor as he leant down while walking by to ruffle his brothers hair.

Dylan glared at cole as he walked away.

"I fell down the stairs and you're not even apologizing?" Dylan asked annoyedly as he stood up.

"That's not my fault." Cole told him simply as he walked through the grand, shimmering, all glass walled living room.

"You chased me." Dylan huffed as he followed his brother.

"You-" Cole started to turn around annoyedly to face his brother while talking as they reached the door to the huge kitchen, that opened up to the insanely big room with the long glass table that seated 16 people.

"Oh hush- both of you." Oralie told them, a hint of annoyance in her voice as she set down their plates at their seats at the table. Their plates were full of what they liked for dinner. Oralie knew without asking what they wanted because she raised the picky twins.

"Hey it's his fault-" Dylan started as he followed her.

"Shh!" She quieted him as she took a seat at the head of the table, her spot where she always sat since she started living with them halftime.

"Dylan say thank you to your brother since he caught you. Because if he didn't, you could've messed up that handsome face of yours, again." She told him as a matter-of-factly.

"Thank you cole for saving my face." Dylan mumbled with an amused smile at what Oralie said about his face.

Oralie turned to cole, ignoring Dylan as she reached for her crystal glass with water. "And you apologize for chasing your brother."

"I'm sorry." Cole mumbled. The twins were careless with each other when kidding and messing around, but when it came to their safety they were alert.

They ate dinner peacefully, but the twins could tell Oralie was stressed about something. And Oralie was the type of person where you can never tell when she's experiencing a negative emotions. She only expresses her happy ones. But today the twins could see the stress in her face.

"What do you think is going on with ori?" Dylan transmitted to his brother. Ori was what they called Oralie.

"I dunno. She's either annoyed or angry... ask her what's wrong." Cole told him.

Dylan looked up after swallowing his bite. "So ori, whats up?" He asked her casually.

Oralie looked up at him. "Nothing much. And you?" Over the years she had learned to roll with the slang the twins had learned from Keefe, Fitz, and tam. When they talked to her informally, like always, she mixed their slang into her response, but still with her delicate and respectful words.

"We're good. But you don't look so good." Cole answered.

"And why would that be?" She asked him as she took a bite of her food.

"You looked...stressed or...," Dylan started.

"...angry." Cole finished.

She delicately put down her gold fork on the glass plate.

"Well I am a bit of both." She answered honestly.

"Why?" Cole asked her.

"Your parents-" she started but then stopped herself, shaking her head. "I shouldn't say."

"It's okay. You can tell us." Dylan told her softly.

Oralie looked up, hearing the sensitivity and politeness in his words.

"I'm stressed because of my anger towards a decision your parents have made." She answered softly.

Dylan and Cole glanced at each other.

"What decision?" Cole asked her.

Oralie simply shook her head. "It is not my place to say."

"Aw cmon ori, you raised us half our lives." Dylan reminded her.

"You're our third parent, a councilor, and a member of the black swan, so that makes you the coolest person ever! Therefore, you can tell us." Cole smiled at her.

Oralie cracked a smile at that. "I know. But I feel you should hear it from your mother." She sighed.

"Okay." The twin overlapped, moping defeatedly.

"I'm sorry boys." She smiled apologetically before ruffling their matching, swooped, dirty blonde hair that reached their eyebrows. "Your parents should be here tonight." She told them.

The twins smiled at that. they were happy their parents would be there for their 16th birthday tomorrow.