The one with the explosion

Dylan's point of view

All day I've been distracted. Ever since last night.

When I had my kiss with Emma.

It was wonderful. She tasted like a delightful treat. Or a sweet candy.

Candy i wanted back on my lips.

But I couldn't simply walk over and kiss my best friend. No. That's absurd.

But I didn't know what to do. I looked for her this morning when I got to school. My eyes lowered in disappointment when they failed to find her.

But I did see lily staring at me for a few seconds. But then she looked away glumly. Maybe she was looking for Cole? I wonder if she's okay.

I went through my day happily. Waiting for 5th hour longingly. That's when I had alchemy. With the most beautiful partner in class, Emma.

When I arrived to class she was talking in a group of 3 friends plus lily at Emma's seat next to mine at our table.

"Heya girls!" I called, walking to my table full of girls.

"Hi." Lily smiled glumly at me.

"Hey. What's up?" Emma asked me.

"Nothing." I replied simply while looking at lily.

Lily, Emma, me, and Cole have literally been friends since birth. We did everything together, sleepovers ever other weekend, pranking, talking about crushes, everything. We cared immensely for each other because we were the bestest of the best friends. Our personalities fit. And we cared a great deal for each other. So if I'm seeing lily not looking happy at school, I wanted to go over and make sure she was okay. She was like my sister.

"Lils?" I called over to her.

She looked up at the use of her nickname, only used by cole, Emma, and I.

She walked over to where I was standing, far away from all those girls.

"You okay?" She asked me.

I looked at her confusedly with scrunched eyebrows as she beat me to the question.

"Um yes. I'm okay. Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yup." Lily smiled. It was a halfhearted smile.

"What's going on? You've been giving me weird looks all day." I prodded.

"No I haven't." Lily mumbled.

"Every time you look at me you stare for a few minutes before something happens and you look away sadly." I rolled my eyes. "Like you expect me..." i trailed off thinking of something. My dark ice blue eyes flew to her. "Like you expect me to...be someone... else." My mind instantly went to my insanely smart brother.

I looked at her with curious eyes.

Lily's point of view.

Oh god. Now Dylan was interrogating me, catching on about my staring. And if I'm being truthful, he's right. I do stare at him once in a while and then when I realize it's Dylan and not Cole, I do look away disappointedly. 'It's so hard to tell them apart' my thoughts whined to myself.

Now his beautiful eyes, the same as coles, were brooding into mine, expecting an answer.

He caught on to me constantly looking for Cole.

"Later." I brushed him off.

Dylan looked at me, slightly annoyed. When he wanted to know something, he wanted to know the answer right that moment.