The one with the gender

Dylan's pov

Emma went for another sonogram today. It was now 10:28 at night and we were at home, in our room. Emma refused to go to sleep without finding out the gender of our baby. The office said they were going to call us before midnight. That was an hour and a half away and I'm really tired.

We were sitting in our bedroom, rose still awake with us. Sitting at night with rose was hands down the best time to be with her. She didn't get cranky and she certainly didn't cry. She sat calmly in my lap late at night, sitting quietly and touching my hair. I would take turns using the tv with her. I'd watch a show and then I'd give it to her so she could watch some cartoons. We didn't even have to talk because she was such a good kid, she was taught this by oralie. Oralie told my brother and I this when we were little too. 'Never let your guard down. No matter how fatigue, no matter how devastated. Looking strong makes you strong." Those were Ori's exact words. Cole and I learned them and so did rose.

Right now it was rose's turn to watch cartoons. When she got bored she'd tap me and give me the remote. Rose and I were sitting on the couch and watching tv to stay awake because Emma didn't want to go to sleep until she found out. Emma was sitting against the headboard on my side of the bed, reading a book.

I was sitting on the couch with rose on my lap. I was shirtless in loose boxers while my 5 year old wore a her pink pj shirt with small black shorts. The room was pretty dark, only lit by Emma's reading lamp on her nightstand and the tv. I looked over at Emma and saw she was wearing a sports bra and black shorts. Her baby bump was a bit more defined now since she was six and a half months pregnant. But she wasn't very big. Smaller than a small bowling ball.

I was bouncing rose lightly on my lap since she liked it. I had my arms around her from behind as I sat slouched low on the couch. She was laying against my body, her adorable face resting on my bare chest with her hand on my lower stomach, her other one resting on my boxers, a bit below the waistband on my side.

I checked on rose, looking down at her as I used my ability. Rose's emotions were stable and happy, which was a good thing. Once about every other day I liked to check in on my daughter emotionally. Emma tells me to do it sometimes, just so we can make sure our daughter is happy and okay. Recently I've felt her emotions lacking excitement and she's been less perky than normal. Emma said it might be because of the fight she saw between her and I or her new sibling coming soon and I agree. I don't think rose wants another child in our family because she likes to be the baby of the house who gets all the attention from Emma and I. I totally get that because I also felt frustrated when my mom got pregnant, not because I wanted to be the baby of the house but because I liked it with just Cole and I. But Bella grew on me and I loved her to death by the time she was 5 months old. Hopefully rose feels the same about the baby Emma has.

Rose yawned then, snuggling closer to my bare chest.

"You wanna go to sleep babe?" I whispered to her, hugging her closer to my body as she ran a hand through my hair like Emma liked to. It was like the two of them had an obsession with playing with my hair. It was adorable and felt so good though.

She shook her head side to side, not wanting to sleep yet. I didn't force her because I knew she could stay up to 2am without taking a nap or even getting cranky. I let her stay awake, pulling a blanket over us.

I paused the tv, seeing if I could get her to fall asleep without telling her. I bounced rose in my lap lightly as we cuddled, closing our eyes.

About 40 minutes later I felt something cause me pain. It pressed harder and I panted, opening my eyes since I had fallen asleep.

Rose was tapping my chest, her face close to mine.

"Daddyyy? Daddy? Daddyyyy? Wake up. Mommy's gownna gwet mad awt you if you faw ashleep." Rose whispered, inches away from my face.