The one with the talk

Dylan's pov

I stopped at a tree very far away from the house, still on our property. I set her down gently on the green, grassy ground gently. As angry as I was, I wasn't about to hurt my girl.

She sat against the tree and leant her head back against it. She'd been quiet the whole 24 minute walk. Besides the kiss she gave me on my neck with the followed "I'm sorry." I was too angry to answer.

She watched me confusedly but I ignored her so I could think of ways to get her to spill her secret. The thought of harassing it out of my brother flashed through my mind. Because the loser clearly knew what was going on with my girlfriend. But it would upset Emma if we fought, and that wasn't my goal right now. I glanced up at her. She was clearly irritated with how I treated her guy best friend. But in my defense he was my twin brother first...and I'd apologize to him later.

Emma's pov

I looked up at him, trying to figure him out. But he was unreadable. I hated how he treated Cole at our house, but I'd yell at him for that later. Right now I thought of ways to ignore him when he asked me what was wrong. I grumbled internally when my mind drew a blank. I watched him silently, letting him think in the peaceful and quiet breeze of the outside, beautiful weather. He was quiet and his face was carefully composed in a hard mask that I couldn't decipher.

I jumped when he broke the silence, finally speaking to me.

"I have two ways to get what's going on out of you." He looked up at me through long brown lashes. "I prefer the first option but, I will excel to the second option i give you, if I have to. And I won't enjoy it." He warned me.

He gazed down at me so intensely that I flickered my eyes away from his.

"Number one," he started. "You tell me in the next 3 seconds as to what's going on with you and a whole explanation for the last month of hell you put me through." He told me with a stiff tone.

I glared at him. No way was I going to tell him so easily.

"Second, I will get it from you myself." He stared me down from where he was sitting across from me.

I thought confusedly to myself. How would he get it from me? I asked myself, racking my brain for answers.

Then I remembered one of his stupid abilities was telepathy. And no one except Lily's dad, his mom, and sometimes forkle, could block him. So I stood absolutely no chance against him.

"I won't give you p-permission." I stuttered, sitting tall in front of him.

"I won't care." He retorted, his eyes glaring deep into mine.

I glared at him. He needed permission to enter my head. It was the one rule of telepathy. Would he break the rule? My eyes trailed back up to his from the grass. I saw pure determination in his eyes.

I guess he would.

"You wouldn't dare." I growled at him, leaning slightly forward.

He caught he off guard when he cracked daring smile at that.

"What are you going to do?" He smiled daringly at me as he leant forward, closer to me. "Break up with me?" He snorted before leaning back and sitting straight again.

Those last four words did it. They sent my head into a downwards spiral. I wasn't going to break up with him for entering my head of course. But now that I thought of it I realized something.