The one with the papers

Emma's pov

I woke up late that morning, around 9:05am. I looked around to see my room a bit messy. Dylan's clothes were strewn messily on the floor beside his side of the bed, his desk, the armrest of the couch, and the bottom of the bed. Since when did we live like slobs? The blackout curtains were shut tightly, refusing to let almost any light into our room. I looked at my bed, making a face in disgust. It was so messy. The thick comforter was jumbled into the ball between to the right of me, crumpled as can be. There were 4 designer pillows on my side and 3 pillows on Dylan's side, scattered messily. I wondered why they weren't neatly set on the floor like I always put them before I went to bed.

I squinted through the darkness to look for a certain someone. My eyes landed on Dylan, who was snoring softly. He only snores when he hasn't slept well so I knew he had a rough night for some reason. He was laying on his back, only wearing a pair of soft grey shorts. His cheek was pressed against the pillow, his mouth a bit open with his face turned towards me. His waves blonde and brown silky strands of hair were hanging messily over his closed eyes. His smooth and slightly tan back rose with each breath. His lightly muscled arms above his head as he gripped the pillow gently.

I took the blanket that was in a messily ball between us and pushed it over. I scooted closer to Dylan, laying on my back since my pregnant stomach made it hard to lay on my stomach. I ran a hand through his hair, smiling softly.

I leant down, meaning to kiss his lips before I realized how he was so tired that he looked like he had been knocked out. I kissed his forehead lightly, making sure I didn't wake him up.

I pulled the thick blanket over us, cuddling close to Dylan's warm body as I pulled the blanket up to our necks.

I fell asleep soon after, not resisting sleep as it swallowed me in fluffy white clouds.

A few hours later I woke up again. I opened my eyes slowly, looking at the time. It was 11:12am. I was in Dylan's arms and giggled when I saw him staring at me admiringly. He was laying on his back, his arms around me as I cuddled with him, his legs and mine balled up together.

"You look like you're drunk." Dylan grinned at me, running a hand through my hair.

"I feel hungover." I whined, suddenly clutching my head as a headache spiraled into my head violently.

Dylan's eyebrows furrowed as he watched me throw the blanket off me, quickly trying to sit up but struggling a bit because my 6 months old bigger baby bump. It was definitely defined now but still not really big. Dylan put a hand behind my back, helping me sit up.

I spread my legs a bit, sitting up and wrapping an arm around my lower stomach as I leant forward. My hand was still on my head as I closed my eyes, taking labored breaths.

"What's wrong?" Dylan asked me, sitting up quickly beside me and rubbing my back.

"I don't feel so good." I moaned, getting off the bed and going to the bathroom as quickly as I could.

I heard Dylan jogging after me as I slowly knelt to my knees in front of the toilet, throwing up. Dylan opened the bathroom door, dropping to his knees on the ground beside me and holding my hair behind my neck, rubbing my back with his other hand.

Once I was done he gave me a water bottle and I rinsed my mouth, spitting out the water in the toilet as Dylan rubbed my back still. I wiped my mouth off with the back of my wrist as I shut the toilet, flushing it.

"You didn't have to see that." I sighed as he watched me sit against the wall, my head leant back against the wall and my eyes closed.

"In sickness and in health, remember?" He recited our wedding vows as he put his hands on my hips. He picked me up, setting me down between his legs. I rested my head against his chest, putting my hands on my stomach. He knew my grown stomach prevented me from sitting up straight so he helped me couch a little, sit comfortably.