The one with sophitz

2090 words

Sophie appeared in front of a sparkling mansion. She pressed her thumb against a scanner and the gates parted. She walked down the path quickly and rang the doorbell twice.

A brown haired boy with teal eyes opened the door.

"Hey soph!" He smiled. He thought Sophie was here to spend the night again like she did every night because Grady and Edaline were still gone. It was around 6pm, the normal time Sophie came over to sleepover.

Fitz looked at Sophie to see her mascara running and teary red eyes.

"What happened?" Fitz gasped.

"K-keefe!" Sophie hiccuped.

Fitz wrapped his arm around Sophie's shoulders and pulled her inside. He led Sophie up the stairs and took her to his room.

Fitz sat sophie down on his bed and sat next to her after dimming the room lights a bit.

"What happened?" Fitz asked her softly.

"K-keefe broke up w-with meeeee!" Sophie wailed.

Fitz scrunched his eyebrows and frowned. He wrapped Sophie in a hug and let her cry into his shoulder.

"Why?" He gently asked.

"Forkle s-said w-w-we can't date." Sophie hiccuped.

"I'm so sorry Sophie." Fitz hugged her tighter.

"He had the choice to leave black swan or me." Sophie sniffled. "And he chose me." Tears sprang in her eyes again.

Fitz handed her a box of napkins.

"Really? I'm so surprised he thought twice about leaving you." Fitz fumed.

Sophie wiped her eyes and nodded.

They talked about it for a while before Fitz changed the subject to lead her mind away from it.

"I just can't believe he left me." Sophie teared up, bringing the subject back.

Fitz held her hand and sat closer to her. She leant her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sure he was stressed. I've been his friend since I was six. He would never leave you after thinking about it. He wasn't thinking and that's all." Fitz explained.

He looked at her to see tears flooding out of her closed eyes.

"Do you want clixem?" He asked her softly.

Clixem was a type of alcohol or beer for elves. But the alcohol for elves wasn't toxic for their bodies, like it was for humans. It just messed with your brain to make you crazy and make you do things you normally wouldn't do. Then you'd wake up with a hangover and forget the night like human drinks.

Sophie nodded.

Fitz slowly moved off the bed to go get her the drink. His parents kept it downstairs in a hidden cabinet. Because they didn't want Fitz and Biana drinking it all the time.