The one with the options

A few months later
Lily's POV

I was 5 months pregnant now and my baby bump wasn't very large but it was noticeable. It was the size of a smaller dodgeball. Elven women didn't get very big during their pregnancies. That's a huge relief.

Right now cole and I were talking about the baby and other stuff. We were sitting in bed since it was 9:12pm. I feel like ever since I got pregnant Cole's been making me go to sleep with him by 9:00-9:30 at night. I have no idea why. Maybe he thinks I get moody or cranky? Nah, has to be something else.

Cole was sitting beside me as I sat against the headboard, pillows behind my back. He was slouching low, almost basically laying down. His head was on my thighs as my legs were placed straight out in front of me. His arms were around my bare legs, hugging my legs to him as he wrapped his legs loosely around my calves. I was wearing shorts with a black shirt.

"So what gender do you think it will be?" He asked wondered, looking up at me.

"I think it'll be a girl. Both of our families have strong genes for making girls." I shrugged, running my fingers through his hair.

"That's true." He nodded in agreement. "What do you want though?" He asked me curiously.

"I want a baby boy." I smiled soft.

"I want a boy too. Enough girls in our families. We need a guy." Cole raised an eyebrow at my stomach and I giggled.

A few quiet seconds of me playing with cole's hair later his eyebrows scrunched together.

"What was that?" He asked softly, sitting up a bit beside me and glancing around.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him.

His eyes flew to me. "Wait shh." He put a finger to my lips. I gave him a very confused look.

He was concentrating very hard on something. Then his eyes dropped down to my stomach suddenly. He put his hand under my not very large bump.

"What're you doing?" I asked him before he glared at me.

He put his finger to his lips before bringing it over and putting it to mine, silencing me. I huffed, sitting quietly as he concentrated. His hand rubbed my stomach gently, knowing that I liked the feel when he did that. He sat beside me, facing the headboard so he could look at me. He reached down and put both hands on my stomach, his eyes instantly going wide.

"What?!" I snapped.

"I can hear the baby's thoughts!" He exclaimed, grabbing my face and shoving his mouth into mine carelessly roughly.

I kissed back before pulling away a few seconds later because I was excited.

"You can hear their thoughts?!" I gasped and he nodded with a smile. "What's it like? What're they saying?"

Cole put his fingers to my lips quickly, shushing me so he could concentrate. A few seconds later he laughed out loud.

"Their thoughts are so strange." He chuckled, looking up at me. "Their an infant, they don't know anything. So their thoughts are jumbled pieces of... stuff."

I smiled at that, my eyes tearing. "I can't believe you can read the baby's thoughts."

I put my hands on my stomach, smiling down at my not very existent baby bump as happy tears ran down my cheeks.

"Mommy and daddy love you very much. And mommy can't wait to have you out of her." I told the baby, sniffling with a smile as Cole laughed. "What'd it think?" I looked up at cole with a smile.