The one with Violet

Dylan's pov
Hours later

Emma's contractions finally ended and she went into labor. Hours later she was almost done with giving birth to our daughter.

"Cmon baby you can do it." I whispered as she panted, not too tired. Apparently elven women weren't supposed to be in pain during labor but towards the end it got to them a bit and during contractions.

She let out a loud yell, pushing the baby out finally as we both heard a baby crying loudly. I let out an excited laugh as Emma layed down on the bed properly again, breathing a bit heavy as she put a hand on her stomach and her other one on her chest.

"Congratulations Emma, you gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby girl." Elwin smiled as he held the slightly bloody and dirty baby, cleaning her off as best as he could as she cried furiously in his arms.

"Oh Dylan." Emma whispered, holding my hand as I sat on the bed beside were she was laying. I leant down when I saw her eyes tear, kissing the hollow behind her ear a few times.

"I love you." I moaned softly in her ear, just low enough for her to hear it and it made her smile widely, happy as Elwin came over.

I pulled away as Emma took our crying baby with a smile. I lifted the thin medical cover sheet over her upper body as she held our daughter, laying our girl down on her bare body. Our baby balled up against Emma's bare stomach and chest, her cheek pressed on Emma's chest as she pulled the medical blanket up to the baby's shoulders.

Our girl instantly quieted when Emma rubbed her back gently, cradling our naked baby to her fully nude body under the blanket. It was beautiful to see the happy smile on Emma's face as she stared down at our baby admiringly. After a while the baby shifted on Emma's bare body under the cover sheet and Emma frowned a little.

"What's wrong bébé?" I asked her as I fixed her ponytail a bit for her since she was laying down with the baby on her and couldn't do it herself.

"Elwin why does she have so many... scars?" Emma asked Elwin from across the room, confused as she held our fully nude baby up a bit, inspecting her little body. I placed the medical blanket over her exposed chest as she stared at our baby's skin.

I frowned a little too now. "Let me see." I mumbled and Emma carefully handed me our fragile daughter.

I cradled our nude baby to my chest, not worrying about getting anything I was wearing dirty with some of the blood on her because I had a hospital shirt thing on. Our baby cuddled closer into my chest, like Emma and rose liked to do when I held them. I ran my eyes over her pale, pink body. She had a few noticeable scars pattered on her skin. She had one on her left foot. The calf and thigh of her right leg. The bottom middle of her stomach. Both hands, her right arm had about two on her upper arm. Her left shoulder and two on her neck, one on her collarbone. And one underneath her left eye.

"Oh, about that." Elwin sighed. "Those scars are where she was hurt when Emma's ability was being used during her contraptions. The scars are healing fast though."

"So... she'll always have them?" I asked softly, cradling our baby as she fussed a bit.

"Unfortunately, yes." Elwin mumbled. "I'll leave you two now. Congratulations." He smiled as he left, shutting the door after him.

"She's beautiful no matter what." Emma whispered as I helped her sit up a bit.

She sat with the pillows behind her, propping her up halfway. She had put down her propped up legs on the clean bed now, still fully bare underneath a medical cover blanket sheet. I handed her our nude baby as she cried now, calming down a bit in Emma's arms. I handed Emma a pair of clothes Elwin left out for our baby after he cleaned her up Emma put them on the baby, along with a diaper. I smiled as Emma held our small, tiny baby in her arms. She was wearing a cute onsie that was pink and white.