The one where she's cranky

Lily's pov

I woke up in the morning at around 9am. I was laying on my stomach, my arms on the pillow, hands fold under my cheek on the pillow. I looked to my left and saw Cole also laying on his stomach, one of his arms reached out towards me, resting on my waist, hand gripping at my side.

I leant over and snuggled closer to him, still on my stomach. I put a hand in his hair, playing with it messily as I tilted my face to the left and kissed him softly.

His eyelids fluttered open as I pulled away.

"Hey baby." He whispered, gripping my backside with his hand gently.

"Hi handsome." I whispered back, resting my hand on his back. "What do you wanna do today?"

"I have to spend the day at black swan hideout Z13, training with Dylan actually." He told me with a guilty look. "Sorry."

"It's okay." I shook my head. "Maybe I'll go hang out with emma for the day, since Dylan'll be gone too." I swallowed the knot in my throat. "I wanna see the baby."

He watched my expression, unsure. "Are you sure you wanna see the baby? I'll drop out of training and go with you then." He told me as he turned to lay on his back, flipping me on my back to lay beside him, his arm around my waist with the blanket up to our chests.

"No no." I put a hand on his chest. "Go train with dyll. I'll be fine." My voice cracked on the last word and he definitely heard it.

He leant down and pressed a kiss to my cheek, before holding my face with his other hand, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"I know seeing the baby will be hard for you... and I don't want you to leave you to that." He whispered and I looked down as he spoke, reaching for his other hand.

"It's okay. Really it is, I'll be fine." He tangled our fingers together as I spoke, looking down at our hands still.

He contemplated this for a moment before using his free hand to lift my head from under my chin slowly. He stared into my eyes, reading the unconfident words in my eyes.

"You sure?" He asked softly, still staring at me with gooey dark ice blue eyes.

"Absolutely." I whispered, leaning over and kissing him.

Meanwhile that night
Dylan's pov

I watched emma pace the room. It was 1am on a Saturday and here I was, sitting on the couch in Rosalies nursery. I was sitting slouched with my elbows on my knees, chin resting on my folded hands.

Emma was pacing the dark room, trying to put a crying Rosalie to sleep. Rosalie had been crying for the past half hour. It was still dark outside, of course. The moonlight was hardly lighting up the room, so there was a small lamp on in the dim room, lighting it up just enough to see. Emma was wearing a thin, cotton robe that went to her thighs with nothing but a bottom undergarment on underneath. She was wearing that to make breastfeeding easier. She's been overwhelmed with the baby since yesterday because rose had become clingy to emma and me, never wanting to be put down from our arms. Rose was still crying in Emma's arms as she tried to soothe her.

"Do you want me to help you?" I asked emma, lifting my head up from my hands.

"No. I'm fine." She snapped as she walked past me for the millionth time.

"Okaayy." I murmured, looking down.

10 more minutes of Rosalie's crying lasted, Emma's cursing mixed in.

"Jeez, the least you can do is help." She hissed at me.

My shocked eyes snapped up to meet her glare.